North Stand Construction Discussion

That will be decided in the future but I'd imagine so. It's been pretty lively in the family stand this season. Maybe the majority of kids in there are older now and want to join in with the singing, maybe it's the Haaland factor...but it's been a lot more lively than usual. They even started a few songs on the weekend.

Pricing/priority etc to fill the NSL2 will be the next big discussion/debate!
You are probably right. I am there with my family and we notice the difference. There are quite a few around us that the kids are now in there late teens and are very vocal. Others now join in more. Should be even better next season. We have done a few Poznans too!

Definitely not fishing personally bud, I'm not sure why you mentioned the ambulant seating in that case?

I mentioned all the seating. Check back.

I would have mentioned the singing section, the 18-25 year old section, if they had been part of or highlighted In the PA.(which has been discussed on here, and is what we asked for and wanted) I didn’t mention the safe standing future option on L1. Forgotten that. :-/

I’m hoping any discussions between City Matters/1894 and the club will include those two options above, amongst other things. Let’s be positive. :-)

If you're asking about the bar area it's shown in one of the sectional drawings somewhere.

You’re right about the sectional drawings, but from what I remember, there is no specific info as to what shape or form the bar which leads to the hospitality section above will be like. If you mean the large hall as you enter the stand, that maybe similar to the new bar at the back of SSL1, but much bigger.

I’ll find the drawings again.

He’s positive and correct for once. ;-)

Nobody ever thought the North stand was going to be solely for singers and cheap tickets. Now you are being silly.

You only have to look how the Etihad has been…… (choose your words carefully jrb, enhanced ;-) ) to know hospitality, etc was going to form part of the North stand expansion.
I just don’t get why 600 premium seats at the front is a problem. There are 9500 seats together.

If you are sat in the top 2/3s of the new stand you wouldnt even know the front few rows are Premium so why even be arsed.

I just don’t get why 600 premium seats at the front is a problem. There are 9500 seats together.

If you are sat in the top 2/3s of the new stand you wouldnt even know the front few rows are Premium so why even be arsed.

Because it’s a home end. You wouldn’t put 600 premium seats at the front of the yellow wall or the Kop. It’s the complete wrong message to send.

There are also loads of corporate/premium sections in the ground already. It’s not needed.

Premium seating also prices out lots of our most vocal fans.

Because it’s a home end. You wouldn’t put 600 premium seats at the front of the yellow wall or the Kop. It’s the complete wrong message to send.

There are also loads of corporate/premium sections in the ground already. It’s not needed.

Premium seating also prices out lots of our most vocal fans.
Pretty sure there are enough fans that can afford 600 premium that want to be vocal and would know before buying they were in a vocal end, especially if it is safe standing, not sure being vocal is equated to income. Wouldn’t make the slightest difference to the rest of the stand.Not sure what messages it sends or doesn’t send nor who to.

Having hospitality at the front of the 2nd tier potentially creates a further divide between the lower and upper sections of the stand. In essence it is creating a 3 tier division across the stand as a whole.

You could argue that we might as well have built another 3 tiered stand with corporate in the middle section like at the other end since the final result in terms of layout won’t be much different.

You also need to consider whether people in hospitality will be happy with fans standing in front of them and dropping big banners down several times a season.

Even the rags recently successfully campaigned to have hospitality seats removed from the Stretford End. It was felt that these seats created an issue with the atmosphere. I don’t really want us having to do the same a few years from now.

For me, if safe standing is confirmed and this hospitality is sold as a ‘premium safe standing’ option then I’d be fine with that. If it’s sat down with posh seats etc then I think we’ll have a problem.

Pretty sure there are enough fans that can afford 600 premium that want to be vocal and would know before buying they were in a vocal end, especially if it is safe standing, not sure being vocal is equated to income. Wouldn’t make the slightest difference to the rest of the stand.Not sure what messages it sends or doesn’t send nor who to.

Ok. Not sure I agree with that. The loudest areas in the ground are often the cheapest. Ss3 for instance. Young people in particular tend to only be able to afford the cheaper seats and they often make lots of noise - away games are a perfect example of that.

South stand level 2 is nothing like level 1 or 3 in terms of noise - is that a good example? Ss2 has meant the south stand is disjointed as the second tier often doesn’t join in with chants

As I said you wouldn’t put 600 premium seats at the front of the yellow wall. The second tier should be affordable for everyone and ideally have the most vocal fans towards the front

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.