North Stand Construction Discussion

Don't forget that the workers would still be there.
And with the sophisticated planning in response to lockdowns and contact (a.k.a. Clinton Baptiste psychic extraordinarre) you'd have to be forecasting COVID into 2-3 years ahead.
Govt struggled to do 2-3 weeks

would have obviously been a challenge mate but work could have started?

You can’t just say ‘hey, let’s build a new stand while everyone is away’. It takes months and months, if not over a year, to organise such a project in order to begin construction.
Years I think, much of the equipment is leased and you have to find a long enough slot in order to book it in. It's really, really not as simple as saying "Hey! Fans aren't allowed in, lets build a £100m (or whatever) stand while it's empty".

Years I think, much of the equipment is leased and you have to find a long enough slot in order to book it in. It's really, really not as simple as saying "Hey! Fans aren't allowed in, lets build a £100m (or whatever) stand while it's empty".
Fair play, hadn’t thought of the logistics, but I’m sure it could have been done if enough money was offered.

It doesn’t matter now. It’s just a shame that 10k or so can’t go for a year when it starts.

Fair play, hadn’t thought of the logistics, but I’m sure it could have been done if enough money was offered.

It doesn’t matter now. It’s just a shame that 10k or so can’t go for a year when it starts.

You would be looking at 2 year plus on the extension before starting and thats if planning permissions could be granted with minimum fuss.

To give an idea of timeframes - The electrical upgrade plans which are likely to start late this year were issued in april 21 and dont have the planning bureaucracy of a new stand.

Co op live was being planned in early 2019 from memory.

Last edited:
Could City be waiting for England to be confirmed for the 2028 euros so they could get government money to build the stand?

Could City be waiting for England to be confirmed for the 2028 euros so they could get government money to build the stand?

This is a good shout, with OT being a shithole Manchester needs a stadium good enough for that

If we’re a selected venue (we probably will be due to the expanded Euros) then we’ll 100% claim for a grant towards the construction.

This funding will be the real reason Utd are looking to update the swamp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.