North Stand Construction Discussion

I’m in the no family stand. I’m old and leave bang on final whistle. No clapping players , no going for a piss, no nothing. I’m out of the ground in 20 seconds and in that queue for the tram. If loads of whippersnapper Perry boys or whatever you call yourselves these days think I’m swapping stands just so you can sing songs that nobody knows the words to at a speed of 300miles an hour then you can piss right off.

My off the cuff “charter” to make this work:

Call it The New Kippax.
Publicize it heavily.
Clad the roof with sound reflecting material
Allow banners across the front of the upper tier.
Put exceptional quick bar/drinking facilities in.
Offer the 1894 Group 200 free tickets for the first season towards the middle/back of the stand.
Offer all season ticket holders in the existing safe standing areas first refusal on season tickets at half price.
Once that’s done offer cheap season tickets to lapsed local fans. Obviously that bit is hard to organise.
Then offer season tickets to the rest of the stadium.
Keep it much cheaper than the rest of the stadium.
Every step of the way make a big noise to everyone that this is the New Kippax.

That’s just off the cuff. The wider point is they have to go at this hard and publicise it massively. It can easily work.
As you say this needs to be done right, we have one shot at making a proper home end to generate the atmosphere the team deserve. We have to get this bang on.

Any news if the 2nd tier will be all safe standing?

I’m in the no family stand. I’m old and leave bang on final whistle. No clapping players , no going for a piss, no nothing. I’m out of the ground in 20 seconds and in that queue for the tram. If loads of whippersnapper Perry boys or whatever you call yourselves these days think I’m swapping stands just so you can sing songs that nobody knows the words to at a speed of 300miles an hour then you can piss right off.
Stay there then and join in

Call it The New Kippax.
Publicize it heavily.
Offer the 1894 Group 200 free tickets for the first season towards the middle/back of the stand.
Offer all season ticket holders in the existing safe standing areas first refusal on season tickets at half price.
Once that’s done offer cheap season tickets to lapsed local fans. Obviously that bit is hard to organise.

That’s just off the cuff. The wider point is they have to go at this hard and publicise it massively. It can easily work.

Good points.

Need more than 200 tickets. United have got a 1500 safe standing singing section. We need a minimum of 500 singers stood together to start off with. 1000 singers stood together would be good. Maybe more if the demand for the first 500, then 1000 is snapped up?

Important bit.

As all the (safe standing?) seats will be a available, there should be no problems or issues at all getting all the singers together in the stand. As it is now the singers are split up by the away fans, season tickets holders, match day tickets sales, etc.

Last edited:

Great Clarkie. ;-)

Call it The New Kippax.
Publicize it heavily.

Some decent ideas there.

The only thing I’d add that’s missing is offer first refusal to 18-25 yr olds.

Some decent ideas there.

The only thing I’d add that’s missing is offer first refusal to 18-25 yr olds.

That’s a great point. We need more younger people in there. I’d probably change the age range though. I’d say 18-35 year olds and offer that group slightly cheaper tickets.

Just ideas so far, but if this happens it needs to be properly planned and thought out.

It means I got it worn when I predicted a whole corporate tier 2 eventually back in 2010, like Arsenal and the Empire Stadium.

IF, it goes ahead like SSL2 suggests for NSL2, they won't be an cheaper than SSL2. It won't be those displaced to SSL3 for cheaper seats who take them up.

It means I got it worn when I predicted a whole corporate tier 2 eventually back in 2010, like Arsenal and the Empire Stadium.

IF, it goes ahead like SSL2 suggests for NSL2, they won't be an cheaper than SSL2. It won't be those displaced to SSL3 for cheaper seats who take them up.

Let’s hope the club have decided they have maxed out on corporate areas and now want to create proper home end with a stand and a large second tier without any corporate areas or corporate (padded) seating.

Call it The New Kippax.
Publicize it heavily.

Agree with you however no need to include the word new...just Kippax is perfect

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.