North Stand Construction Discussion

Didsbury Dave could be Simon Cowell.

Singing auditions for the singing section.

View attachment 65638

Definately. “So come on lad, don’t be shy, what’s your name and where do you come from?”

“I’m Danny from Stockport and I’m going to sing CITEH CITEH the best team in the land and all the world”

Good points.

Need more than 200 tickets. United have got a 1500 safe standing singing section. We need a minimum of 500 singers stood together to start off with. 1000 singers stood together would be good. Maybe more if the demand for the first 500, then 1000 is snapped up?

Important bit.

As all the (safe standing?) seats will be a available, there should be no problems or issues at all getting all the singers together in the stand. As it is now the singers are split up by the away fans, season tickets holders, match day tickets sales, etc.
200 FREE tickets to 1894 is what I said. The objective has to be to fill this stand with vocal fans but get the most vocal together in the middle. There must be about 2-3000 people in the existing safe standing areas and as many of them as poss or need to be together in the middle, hence offering it to them first and cheap. The rest should then look after itself.

My off the cuff “charter” to make this work:

Call it The New Kippax.
Publicize it heavily.
Clad the roof with sound reflecting material
Allow banners across the front of the upper tier.
Put exceptional quick bar/drinking facilities in.
Offer the 1894 Group 200 free tickets for the first season towards the middle/back of the stand.
Offer all season ticket holders in the existing safe standing areas first refusal on season tickets at half price.
Once that’s done offer cheap season tickets to lapsed local fans. Obviously that bit is hard to organise.
Then offer season tickets to the rest of the stadium.
Keep it much cheaper than the rest of the stadium.
Every step of the way make a big noise to everyone that this is the New Kippax.

That’s just off the cuff. The wider point is they have to go at this hard and publicise it massively. It can easily work.
Good luck with offering cheap tickets to supporters that sacked off going to games ahead of those supporters that have actually kept going. That would cause the whole lot to go up !

I like most of the other ideas though. However, I’d say it’s highly unlikely they gonna spend £100m on a new stand then start offering freebies and discounts.

Good luck with offering cheap tickets to supporters that sacked off going to games ahead of those supporters that have actually kept going. That would cause the whole lot to go up !

I like most of the other ideas though. However, I’d say it’s highly unlikely they gonna spend £100m on a new stand then start offering freebies and discounts.
I’m not saying lapsed fans should pay less, I’m saying it should be cheap all round, certainly initially to get it going . A vocal “end” like this would pay for itself in increased sales all round, especially in corporate and semi corporate areas. Fans want atmosphere and come to games to be part of it, especially young fans who become hooked for life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.