North Stand Construction Discussion

1663706354795-png.3855413

Bring it on City!

Would this mean closing parts of the stand whilst the work is carried out ?

If they build the main part of the construction behind the existing stand they could probably link it all together like they are doing at Anfield.

A few rows were lost at the back when they did the South stand, I can’t see them closing large parts of the upper tier.

According to the plans, ground works start in April this year. They cover directly behind the stand and all of the City Square area.

The club shop will be demolished before the start of next season and there will be walkways either side of City Square for access with the rest of the area closed off.

Due to how much work there is to do on the site, full construction doesn’t look like it was start until early 2024 with completion due in summer 2025.

Good points.

Need more than 200 tickets. United have got a 1500 safe standing singing section. We need a minimum of 500 singers stood together to start off with. 1000 singers stood together would be good. Maybe more if the demand for the first 500, then 1000 is snapped up?

Important bit.

As all the (safe standing?) seats will be a available, there should be no problems or issues at all getting all the singers together in the stand. As it is now the singers are split up by the away fans, season tickets holders, match day tickets sales, etc.
The St Winifreds school choir would be a start, tick a couple of City boxes.

From Stockport

Now be in their 50's

And can hold a tune

"Gundog we love you, Gundog we do"

Good points.

Need more than 200 tickets. United have got a 1500 safe standing singing section. We need a minimum of 500 singers stood together to start off with. 1000 singers stood together would be good. Maybe more if the demand for the first 500, then 1000 is snapped up?

Important bit.

As all the (safe standing?) seats will be a available, there should be no problems or issues at all getting all the singers together in the stand. As it is now the singers are split up by the away fans, season tickets holders, match day tickets sales, etc.
Surely between 115, 110 and then SSL3, with a targeted comms campaign and all the right branding, getting 1000 seasoncard holders should be a doddle. Brand the area around them as the atmosphere / singing section with reasonably priced tickets and it will take off no problem.

I've always said the big issue with the atmosphere is we have 3 main pockets of fans who sing all scattered across the south stand end, seperated by away fans and tiers and it makes for a shit show on the whole of an atmosphere. Bring those groups together in one big single tiered end and it will make a huge difference.

Surely between 115, 110 and then SSL3, with a targeted comms campaign and all the right branding, getting 1000 seasoncard holders should be a doddle. Brand the area around them as the atmosphere / singing section with reasonably priced tickets and it will take off no problem.

I've always said the big issue with the atmosphere is we have 3 main pockets of fans who sing all scattered across the south stand end, seperated by away fans and tiers and it makes for a shit show on the whole of an atmosphere. Bring those groups together in one big single tiered end and it will make a huge difference.

The issue won't be getting the numbers if the club do it properly, it's getting singers, not just people who want to go into the new singing section because of reasonably priced tickets, if that happens, which I doubt it will.

The issue won't be getting the numbers if the club do it properly, it's getting singers, not just people who want to go into the new singing section because of reasonably priced tickets, if that happens, which I doubt it will.
Exactly my point about bringing 115, 110 and the SSl3 singers together in one group. When we expanded the SS it was all about the £299 season tickets which at the time was great, but this should be all about bringing together those groups of singing fans into one core home end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.