North Stand Construction Discussion

Exactly my point about bringing 115, 110 and the SSl3 singers together in one group. When we expanded the SS it was all about the £299 season tickets which at the time was great, but this should be all about bringing together those groups of singing fans into one core home end.
This is why I posted earlier that fans in the existing safe standing areas should be offered a window to buy the very first season tickets at half price. Get them in first and as you say, push it hard. This can work.

1894 can do the displays but keep them away from songs and chants cos they're hopeless.

No song for Phil Foden or Kyle Walker and " Harland Harland,Harland " for Erling Braut......they have a very limited song book and no fecking imagination.
Fwiw I think the chorus from idles danny nedelko would suit Bernardo Silva

This is why I posted earlier that fans in the existing safe standing areas should be offered a window to buy the very first season tickets at half price. Get them in first and as you say, push it hard. This can work.

Half price is just a pipe dream. They’ll be offered first refusal at most.

Who takes their places in the South Stand though? Do they remove the safe standing and will the new supporters want to be so near the away support? Not sure I’d move too close to them. It’ll be interesting to see how it’s done.

Last edited:
Who takes their places in the South Stand though? Do they remove the safe standing and will the new supporters want to be so near the away support? Not sure I’d move too close to them. It’ll be interesting to see how it’s done.
People on the waiting list. People in the existing north/family stand who don't want to be in the Kippax. They'd have to get their heads around it. They might have to remove the safe stanidng thingies if that's cheap to do. I haven't seen them close up to be honest.

My off the cuff “charter” to make this work:

Call it The New Kippax.
Publicize it heavily.
Clad the roof with sound reflecting material
Allow banners across the front of the upper tier.
Put exceptional quick bar/drinking facilities in.
Offer the 1894 Group 200 free tickets for the first season towards the middle/back of the stand.
Offer all season ticket holders in the existing safe standing areas first refusal on season tickets at half price.
Once that’s done offer cheap season tickets to lapsed local fans. Obviously that bit is hard to organise.
Then offer season tickets to the rest of the stadium.
Keep it much cheaper than the rest of the stadium.
Every step of the way make a big noise to everyone that this is the New Kippax.

That’s just off the cuff. The wider point is they have to go at this hard and publicise it massively. It can easily work.
Can’t see them moving anybody out of there to accommodate them who want to move over from the S/S let alone offer free tickets to anyone.. think at most they may reduce the F/S to the bottom tier .
I’m sure it’s been said plenty but a lot of the younger fans want to be near the away fans to bounce off them, my lad and his m8s 16 to 18 take every opportunity they can get now there a bit older to sit away from there parents into the blocks nearest the away fans .
Can’t see them wanting to put the families and the over 60s next to the away fans

Half price is just a pipe dream. They’ll be offered first refusal at most.
It's not a pipe dream. It's a suggestion. If the club want to do this properly they have to go at it properly and if it has to run as a loss leader it's worth it.

This is imprtant to the soul and identity of the club. This will bring supporters to the club. Kids and corporates want atmosphere.

It's not a pipe dream. It's a suggestion. If the club want to do this properly they have to go at it properly and if it has to run as a loss leader it's worth it.

This is imprtant to the soul and identity of the club. This will bring supporters to the club. Kids and corporates want atmosphere.
People only buy one ticket so it isn't a loss leader, it is just a loss. Not a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.