North Stand Construction Discussion

Make it safe standing
It needs to be, making it the new unified dedicated singing section to make use of the roof designed with accoustics in mind that will allow chants to easily spread round the stadium, like they do when they echo off under the SSL3 roof.

All singers from across the ground need to come together, instead of the messy split we have across SSL1, SSL3 and the "Kippax corner"

Let's hope the Club see sense and put atmosphere before marginal revenue increases.

It needs to be, making it the new unified dedicated singing section to make use of the roof designed with accoustics in mind that will allow chants to easily spread round the stadium, like they do when they echo off under the SSL3 roof.

All singers from across the ground need to come together, instead of the messy split we have across SSL1, SSL3 and the "Kippax corner"

Let's hope the Club see sense and put atmosphere before marginal revenue increases.
Look what our super cup friends are doing with the redevloment of there staduim , basically its a copy of Spurs Staduim inside.

Three normally sides with one end that looks like Dortmund Yellow Wall, every new staduim that is being built nowadays feature this design, so having a home end to make the atmposhere , what to City do ?

1704265731633.png
1704266023086.png

For me we should be ripping out the entire north stand and building one huge, single tier which is all safe standing. Instead what we will have the usual lower tier of singers with a single upper tier which no doubt will be corporate for the first few rows and the rest behind.

Splitting the new stand over 2 tiers won’t help the atmosphere much and if the bottom of the upper tier is sold off as corporate then this again would mean pushing any atmosphere into the back of the stand.

Feels frustrating that we have a great chance to build a single tier, like Spurs, and we ain’t doing it. Might as well match the new stand up to the other end and spread over 3 tiers because I don’t see any improvement based on what we already have (aside from increased capacity).

For me we should be ripping out the entire north stand and building one huge, single tier which is all safe standing. Instead what we will have the usual lower tier of singers with a single upper tier which no doubt will be corporate for the first few rows and the rest behind.

Splitting the new stand over 2 tiers won’t help the atmosphere much and if the bottom of the upper tier is sold off as corporate then this again would mean pushing any atmosphere into the back of the stand.

Feels frustrating that we have a great chance to build a single tier, like Spurs, and we ain’t doing it. Might as well match the new stand up to the other end and spread over 3 tiers because I don’t see any improvement based on what we already have (aside from increased capacity).
The difference between a huge second tier and a single tier is negligble, it's what we do with the stand that makes the difference.

Correct plus loosing revenue from about 6k seats to construct a new stand for possible 2 seasons !

Would it be just two seasons though, if it is that extensive a change? Likely longer.

And the extra cost of the additional demolition, actual reconstruction and changes to an existing structural set-up, etc.

Would it really be worth it, and how quantifiable is the improvement to the atmosphere to really compare the two.

I dare bet the club considered it btw, for what it's worth.

Can we also ask the club to fuck off the LED screens on the second tier for this new north stand so we can have proper flags instead of the digital ones? I know they won't do the whole second tier, but just for the north stand would be a welcome change.

It's a shame us lot aren't in charge of expanding the North stand, and deciding how it's going to be implemented, it would be fucking rocking. :-)

And increased capacity Along with increased revenue is the primary objective of the club. Nothing else. If anyone thinks that a good chunk of corporate hospitality seats isn’t going into the stand then they are totally deluded. Of course all the right noises will be made, but the atmosphere of the stadium is not high up on the list of priorities. It’s all about the money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.