North Stand Construction Discussion

There’s obviously going to have to be sacrifices, doesn’t take a genius to work out we can’t have everything we want. So how would people feel about losing blocks 114-117 in the South Stand to away fans? I’m not saying I support this idea one way or another, and there will be those horrified at the thought, but it’s gonna take that level of sacrifice from some if we really want a ‘Home end’. SS2 could then be converted to corporate in its entirety, supplementing a two tier NS home end (with no corporate) KC would gain a block (113) for those wanting to remain close to the away fans, which leaves around 3 blocks of supporters needing to relocate to the new NS

City won't want an away team attacking SSL1 full of away fans. It would give the away team an advantage.

I would do what spurs do if possible and give the away fans the corner and blocks either side of the corner.

Give them 109, 110, 111, the current away end, 114.

And give the current away ends in L2 and L3 to City fans.

City won't want an away team attacking SSL1 full of away fans. It would give the away team an advantage.

I would do what spurs do if possible and give the away fans the corner and blocks either side of the corner.

Getting warmer !!

If the club really are planning to put the new singing / safe standing section on L1 then someone close to the club need to lobby them not too. It would be a complete waste of an opportunity and completely defeat the purpose of a 2 tier stand.

That's the best way to do it. You want the away fans to come to the worst part of the ground and feel intimidated. Whilst the views are shite at St James', it's not intimidating. Being stuck underneath home fans would feel far worse for them (I note we can't stick them up in the gods for policing/PL rules). Having them tucked into the corner like at the Emirates is much better. They don't get a great view of the action and they're surrounded on all sides.

That's the best way to do it. You want the away fans to come to the worst part of the ground and feel intimidated. Whilst the views are shite at St James', it's not intimidating. Being stuck underneath home fans would feel far worse for them (I note we can't stick them up in the gods for policing/PL rules). Having them tucked into the corner like at the Emirates is much better. They don't get a great view of the action and they're surrounded on all sides.
Emirates away section starts half way behind the goal, and is a bigger stand, to give away fans their whole allocation on the lower tier they would have 110 to 115 inclusive, a big advantage for the away side.

Emirates away section starts half way behind the goal, and is a bigger stand, to give away fans their whole allocation on the lower tier they would have 110 to 115 inclusive, a big advantage for the away side.
Bend em round the ES corner + SSL1 & SSL2 if necessary!!

I want a big blue wall of 10k City fans as much as the next match going fan, but I think there is a danger of some people here of convincing themselves it's happening and then setting themselves up for disappointment and frustration when it doesn't.

My mate went on the tour and said the guide told them the North Stand will be two tiers ! Not sure if he's really in the know but if it is then make this the home end and give the away fans the bottom tier of the South Stand for league games and the first and second tier for cup games, simple ! Will take at least another 2/3 seasons though even if its true! !

And City comply with the PL pitch side rule. And the away fans are still next to the coach park, which would appease GMP. i

The best bit for City. They could expand the corporate area and padded seats into the L2 away end.

The best bit for City fans and atmosphere. We’d have 6000 City fans in SSL3, and another 6000-8000 City fans in NSL2. What a racket that would be.

As for putting a new singing section into NSL1, that would be pointless. It would just mirror the failed singing section in SSL1.

As I’ve stated before, if that happens I won’t relocate. And I doubt many singers will. If the singing section is in NSL2 I would relocate in an instant, like 1000’s of other singers, and City fans who want to be in the new home end.

It’s really simple isn’t. All of us know the best option. I was going to say City will f*ck this last chance up, but you know what, I think they’ll get it right. (Hopefully ;-) )

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.