North Stand Construction Discussion

I think each block holds roughly 500 fans give or take. I could be wrong on that? Maybe a job for a seat counter? If City moved the away fans to the corner, they would have to give them 109, 110, 111, the away end, 114 and 115. They could move the metal barrier on the concourse past entrance 115 and have it just before entrance 116. It can’t go any further as that’s the access to the new bar area and the exits for City fans. From memory, as I used to stand in 110, moving the barriers past Entrance 109 should be less of an issue?

That's not true. If you have to take a hit on a couple of thousand season tickets for a year but attract more fans and corporates into the stadum in the longer term it's a loss leader.

There is a chance if City think creatively. Even better if we fans could get a coordinated voice and push them.

The corporate ticket sales don't depend on the other's being made cheaper. A loss leader is selling something at less than cost as you still make money out of the same customer, but they only need one ticket, and won't spend any more on other things compared to someone who would have paid full price.

Cheaper tickets only benefit the club if there is a lack of demand, and then that is their market value. Loss leader sounds catchy, but is being used falsely.

The way the club is going is putting prices up as much as they can, precluding new season ticket holders from bigger games unless they pay more for them. The creativity the club shows is in increasing prices only.

Emirates away section starts half way behind the goal, and is a bigger stand, to give away fans their whole allocation on the lower tier they would have 110 to 115 inclusive, a big advantage for the away side.

It starts between the goal and corner flag and wraps around but I get the point you're making because it is better to split them to reduce their ability to make noise. We can't tuck them away and split them over two tiers unfortunately.

Either way, even getting a mass of fans in a safe standing NSL1, the atmosphere will not improve by much. As shown by the Chelsea League Cup game where most of the ground heard their fans whilst most of SSL1 thought they made a racket, it's better we've got a few thousand in an expanded 2nd tier under the roof.

It might cause issues of people moving etc, but it will settle down over time and it will make a big improvement to the atmosphere. It would help generate noise all around the ground and lead to "battles" with the SS as per the days of Maine Road.

I think each block holds roughly 500 fans give or take. I could be wrong on that? Maybe a job for a seat counter? If City moved the away fans to the corner, they would have to give them 109, 110, 111, the away end, 114 and 115. They could move the metal barrier on the concourse past entrance 115 and have it just before entrance 116. It can’t go any further as that’s the access to the new bar area and the exits for City fans. From memory, as I used to stand in 110, moving the barriers past Entrance 109 should be less of an issue?
About 650 lower, 350 2nd and 1000 3rd tier for SS.

Reactions: jrb
By the time it's completed, City will be Champions League Winners, so bald fraud will be gone

Haaland will have been signed by Real Madrid to fill huge void as Benzema be retired by then.

KDB retired from club football. Now player coach at Belgium. Gundog, Mahrez, Walker all retired

However, Kompany will have been installed as Manager, overseeing a virtually all English squad,

apart from double balon dor winning Julian Alvarez and captained by the still very young, double

premier title winning Jude Bellingham. The blue lightbulbs will still not have been replaced & BM

will still have a lengthy thread in the transfer forum, for a new left back who can actually defend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.