North Stand Construction Discussion

Why the moaning ? Just chill, we have the best owners in the world, embrace it.
Who’s moaning? It’s an opinion. It was in reply to what Lexstar wrote. If you’ve actually read what I‘ve wrote throughout the thread, I’ve praised the overall redevelopment of the North stand on numerous occasions, including tonight about the viewing platforms. Hello City answered my questions about the viewing platforms. I don’t need to chill, thanks.

Who’s moaning? It’s an opinion. It was in reply to what Lexstar wrote. If you’ve actually read what I‘ve wrote throughout the thread, I’ve praised the overall redevelopment of the North stand on numerous occasions, including tonight about the viewing platforms. Hello City answered my questions about the viewing platforms. I don’t need to chill, thanks.
You said its not perfect etc etc, I was being nice but really you're just a moaning ****

You said its not perfect etc etc, I was being nice but really you're just a moaning ****
I posted.

‘I’ve never liked the hotel element of the North stand expansion’.(not perfect, etc, etc)

****? (I’ll finish the sentence for you)

I’ll leave it at that until Monday when I’ll post some pictures of the 2nd crane.

Last edited:
I’ve never liked the hotel element of the North stand expansion. But that’s going back over old ground. It’s getting built, so I’ve just got to accept it.
It's a functional hotel nothing more, the only issue I would have is the colour, I hope it's not grey like in the CGI images, a dark grey Manchester sky , a grey concrete hotel and a black box as in the arena, a little dystopian.

I agreed with Lexstar. I’ve given my reasons previously. Overall it’s a fantastic redevelopment of the North stand, especially the North stand itself, but it isn’t perfect. Of course that’s just my opinion. Other people will think all of the redevelopment of the North stand is fantastic. Those are the realities. There’s a bit of friction on this thread of late.

It feels a bit premature to write whole parts of the development off based on some primitive CGI - personally I’d wait until the development is finished before making such sweeping and negative statements. The club is investing significant sums and seeking to deliver pretty much what we all said we wanted but, still can’t do the right thing in some people’s opinion. Perhaps we should recreate the Platt Lane monstrosity instead at the North end of the Etihad - then we could all moan together.

It feels a bit premature to write whole parts of the development off based on some primitive CGI - personally I’d wait until the development is finished before making such sweeping and negative statements. The club is investing significant sums and seeking to deliver pretty much what we all said we wanted but, still can’t do the right thing in some people’s opinion. Perhaps we should recreate the Platt Lane monstrosity instead at the North end of the Etihad - then we could all moan together.
Yes, some are never satisfied ! That Platt Lane stand, or "Swales Folly " as I called it, was a shocker, more roof and back wall than seats ! And it seemed to take far too long to build.

It's a functional hotel nothing more, the only issue I would have is the colour, I hope it's not grey like in the CGI images, a dark grey Manchester sky , a grey concrete hotel and a black box as in the arena, a little dystopian.

It is a little bit more than just a functional hotel, don't think that is entirely fair to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.