North Stand Construction Discussion

What makes you think they will release more than they have already?

There’s nothing to say they will.

But a beautiful CGI flythrough starting along Joe Mercer Way, going through the fanzone, around the North stand, and above the viewing platforms and North stand stand would be fantastic viewing. The flythrough video would certainly get millions of views across the world and boil more (red shirt) piss. :-)

A live webcam would have been great just like the Coop Live Arena live webcam. Alas it seems the club aren’t doing that either, unless they install a live webcam when the main steel structure works start, once the groundwork is done and the cranes are erected?

Thankfully we’ve got plenty of drone footage and picture takers.

Last edited:
From the latest drone video posted by Lexstar.

The 3rd tower crane base is ready for the 3rd crane.

View attachment 109401

Probably wrong, but this might be the for the 4th crane base? To be finished off.

View attachment 109402

The North stand redevelopment will look stunning with the Manchester (city centre) skyline in the distance.

View attachment 109403

You can really start to see the shape and what goes where. What is really interesting is how close they are having to work to the existing main structure.

There are 4 supports for the roof. The two smaller ones are staying, and they are working tight around them. The two bigger ones from what I have seen to date will be replaced. And you can see how tight the foundations are to them. Be really interesting to see how they manage it. At this point, I can't yet see how they build the new supports with the exiting ones where they are, to then be able to remove them. What format the temporary (main) support and where it goes, that then allows the new to be built around it, will be intriguing. Or whether they just manage part of the roof being off for a period while they swap the supports.

The south stand didn't really have this issue as the two main supports were not removed, they were just added to and built around.

There’s nothing to say they will.

But a beautiful CGI flythrough starting along Joe Mercer Way, going through the fanzone, around the North stand, and above the viewing platforms and North stand stand would be fantastic viewing. The flythrough video would certainly get millions of views across the world and boil more (red shirt) piss. :-)

A live webcam would have been great just like the Coop Live Arena live webcam. Alas it seems the club aren’t doing that either, unless they install a live webcam when the main steel structure works start, once the groundwork is done and the cranes are erected?

Thankfully we’ve got plenty of drone footage and picture takers.

100% agree. Just the way I read it, I thought Lex knew they were coming, or read somewhere they were, hence the question.

You can really start to see the shape and what goes where. What is really interesting is how close they are having to work to the existing main structure.

There are 4 supports for the roof. The two smaller ones are staying, and they are working tight around them. The two bigger ones from what I have seen to date will be replaced. And you can see how tight the foundations are to them. Be really interesting to see how they manage it. At this point, I can't yet see how they build the new supports with the exiting ones where they are, to then be able to remove them. What format the temporary (main) support and where it goes, that then allows the new to be built around it, will be intriguing. Or whether they just manage part of the roof being off for a period while they swap the supports.

The south stand didn't really have this issue as the two main supports were not removed, they were just added to and built around.

Screen grabbed this from the PA.

Click to enlarge so the picture and image are bigger and clearer.

59E598F7-9BF9-488D-A265-5C5CA20A3D2D.jpeg

100% agree. Just the way I read it, I thought Lex knew they were coming, or read somewhere they were, hence the question.
@Coatigan it would be good if I did lol, I think videos like this give us an idea of the overall result. @jrb It stops all of us from looking at the planning statement, maybe they could use some of the Netflix money to make a CGI lol

Screen grabbed this from the PA.

Click to enlarge so the picture and image are bigger and clearer.

View attachment 109450

Looking at that, and the rest of that document, they all show the new supports in place. It is the bit inbetween, how and when they take away the old that I am more intrigued by. How they physically shoogle them out of all that, etc. But there will be lots more to see over time.

They are piling in two phases, one before the back stays are removed, and after.

Last edited:
Looking at that, and the rest of that document, they all show the new supports in place. It is the bit inbetween, how and when they take away the old that I am more intrigued by. How they physically shoogle them out of all that, etc. But there will be lots more to see over time.

They are piling in two phases, one before the back stays are removed, and after.
I suspect the main steelwork goes up first with the new supports on top. They'll connect up the new supports to the cablenet system and then remove the old supporting structure. They can then fill in the holes so to speak with concrete, blocks or whatever.

I suspect the main steelwork goes up first with the new supports on top. They'll connect up the new supports to the cablenet system and then remove the old supporting structure. They can then fill in the holes so to speak with concrete, blocks or whatever.

Of course, it is just how tight all that is. The new steel needs to be built around the stays, their angle and bracing. Then they themselves need kerplunked inbetween the new steel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.