North Stand Construction Discussion

Like that we had the whole lower tier in the cup matches. I think that helps. we should do this in the PL aswell. Its a no brainer to me and will definately help the atmosphere.

Arrrgh! How many more times?

City can't do that.

PL rules and thinking state home clubs have to give away fans a pitch side section/block. (to improve the atmosphere at grounds)

Only United and Newcastle don't have to do that.

United because the away fans would be next to, side on to the disabled section.

Don't know what Newcastle's reason is. Stand size, layout and segregation issues?

Last edited:
The game hasn't happened yet. Still, 2 days for those tickets to shift, and despite the prices, I'd be shocked if pretty much all of them don't.

125 seats left priced at £70 left in block 327, CBS.
242 seats left priced at £68 across SSL3.
Etc.

Why are they not selling to Mancunians then....the match day ticket prices are bloody ludicrous and the club has had enough time to adjust them as a 'one off' and market them but they are either disinterested, incompetent or both.

They would seem to prefer empty seats at £0, than filled seats at £20 !!

I'll be delighted to be proven wrong but, I feel like the physical attendance and atmosphere will be the lowest and poorest of the season and it won't help the team.
Why is who not selling to mancunians,should they only sell to those with Manchester post codes What does that even mean, do not mancunians move away to other places ? Daft question.

Why is who not selling to mancunians,should they only sell to those with Manchester post codes What does that even mean, do not mancunians move away to other places ? Daft question.

To be fair a Thursday night game, that’s not sold out. Surely Mancunians are the ideal people to sell the tickets to..

Liverpool, for example, do actually sell cheaper tickets for people with an L postcode, so it’s not that far fetched an idea. Makes a lot of sense

The ticket prices for this game are scandalous and are pricing out the people who would usually buy these tickets

To be fair a Thursday night game, that’s not sold out. Surely Mancunians are the ideal people to sell the tickets to..

The ticket prices for this game are scandalous and are pricing out the people who would usually buy these tickets

I bet loads of City fans who live in and around Manchester have looked at buying a ticket for the match, looked at the ticket prices and thought f*ck that?

I bet loads of City fans who live in and around Manchester have looked at buying a ticket for the match, looked at the ticket prices and thought f*ck that?

100% that’s the case. It makes no sense. Why not price them at say £35. We’d sell the tickets and more people would have access to the game. The ground would be full and the atmosphere would probably be better, which will only help the team.

There’s thousands of locals fans who are on average incomes who only go to cheap games. Bring them back for this.

we need to attract fans back (season tickets) to fill an extended ground regularly. They aren’t going to come back with these prices.

100% that’s the case. It makes no sense. Why not price them at say £35. We’d sell the tickets and more people would have access to the game. The ground would be full and the atmosphere would probably be better, which will only help the team.

There’s thousands of locals fans who are on average incomes who only go to cheap games. Bring them back for this.

we need to attract fans back (season tickets) to fill an extended ground regularly. They aren’t going to come back with these prices.
Said it in the pre-match thread, but the pricing for this game is ridiculous.

I think we will fill 60k week in and week out. I think we could fill even more for the bigger games (so I'm disappointed the scope of the extension isn't increased).

We do need to stop worrying about the 'empty seat' tag we get. Clubs like Barca, Madrid, Milan, and Inter frequently have empty seats (in the tens of thousands on many occasions). But their stadiums are jam-packed when it's a derby or the latter stages of European competition.

Also, I think that once fans decide their allegiances, they tend to stick with that club. United and Liverpool's attendance didn't drop hugely after their successful periods ended. We would have picked up a lot of these newer 'non-legacy' fans over the past 5/10 years who will be loyal supporters trying to get tickets indefinitely now. It's just the way it works.

I'm friends with a few Indian City fans and the dedication they show to come over and watch the games is incredible, the idea that they'll be supporting Newcastle in 5 years is naive. All the school kids wearing City shirts all around the UK have decided who they support. It's not going to change when Pep leaves.

too late to be offering cheap tickets as well as not fair on fans that have paid full whack.

If this game does not sell out then whoever at City is responsible for ticket price planning should be hung up by the bollocks !!! Amateur hour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.