North Stand Construction Discussion

Happy to be corrected, but I think that was a smart move from the club. Wasn't this during Covid and a time of no-one knowing when fans were allowed back in? Hence more televised games, and therefore more commercial gain from bigger advertisments as fans couldn't attend and fill those seats.

Plus, i've never sat in them seats and I can imagine they're a bit shit to watch a game in.

And, they can be easily replaced if the club wish to later down the line.

£40 a game is still a lot mate lot of our indeed all fan bases are struggling, the majority who are priced out will be on minimum wage just over £10 an hour and £40 a ticket would mean a days pay too them.
Like you say it's not going to happen, sadly football has gone well beyond giving a shit about match day attending fans.

It’s is but they are way higher than that now 50/60 and pushing £70

There probably needs to be a major rethink of ticket prices. I certainly don’t have all the answers… The first objective must be to put more competitive season ticket packages together - costing circa £30 a game that can be paid for by DD. Maybe make these season tickets available in both ends, in the lower tiers and parts of the third tiers - then let the affluent, the day trippers and the corporates pay a premium for the seats not taken by these season tickets… we should really be looking to have 50,000 plus STs. I know match day revenue is important but it can be offset by sponsorship and tv revenue - which benefit from a packed stadium with a good atmosphere. Something has to change because ticket prices are getting stupid and sooner or later fans will stop paying it simply because they can’t afford or they will deem they can get better value elsewhere for the same money.

£40 a game is still a lot mate lot of our indeed all fan bases are struggling, the majority who are priced out will be on minimum wage just over £10 an hour and £40 a ticket would mean a days pay too them.
Like you say it's not going to happen, sadly football has gone well beyond giving a shit about match day attending fans.
The median is just under £40 for an adult ST holder.

With extra demand it could be the average for a ST next season.

The average home attendance when we won the league in 1967/8 was only 36,000, with 63,000 in for the Manchester Derby, and some games in the twenties.
All clubs were similar including United ,Liverpool, Arsenal etc. Its since the Premier League that attendances have peaked ! It's a myth that the historically big clubs have had huge support due to their successful history !

Thursday was the first league game I was going to miss this season. A mate has generously let me have his spare season ticket as his son can no longer attend this fixture. I wasn't going to pay £70 for a seat against a team that has one measely league cup triumph in 30 odd years.
I genuinely hope it doesn't sell out and there's lots of spare seats on display otherwise the pricing will never be looked at. Hopefully it's a bit of a wake-up call because they won't take a blind bit of notice if it keeps selling out at these prices.
1300 left, theve shifted 1000 in the last two days so it will be close to a sell out tomorrow! Plenty of support buying from ticket exchanged returns ! Looks like the support is there now so no chance of them lowering the prices unless we all stop going which isn't going to happen I'm afraid!

I’ve gathered from OSC Exec meetings that Danny and Roel set the ticket prices. I could have got the wrong end of the stick though. This is within the context of them being tasked with bridging part of the gap between us and the rags, dippers etc on memberships and match day revenue.

Not trying to increase overall ticket and membership revenue would seem a bit like turkeys voting for Christmas. That’s my interpretation.
Cost are way to high but we know its not going to change ! Did anybody really belive once we became a world wide brand due to our recent success and ownership model that they'd still be charging the same prices as before the success arrived? Of all the top big clubs were still cheaper than all of them, the Spuds games was originally sold out so they have to charge the same for the ticket exchange seats otherwise they'd be moaners complaining when they paid for the original ticket price ! Football is expensive and although I don't like it is what it is !

Cost are way to high but we know its not going to change ! Did anybody really belive once we became a world wide brand due to our recent success and ownership model that they'd still be charging the same prices as before the success arrived? Of all the top big clubs were still cheaper than all of them, the Spuds games was originally sold out so they have to charge the same for the ticket exchange seats otherwise they'd be moaners complaining when they paid for the original ticket price ! Football is expensive and although I don't like it is what it is !

Same prices as before the success?

They weren’t even this high a few years ago, during our success. Your argument makes no sense. Just because we are successful does not mean we have to charge ridiculous prices.

Did anyone really believe away tickets would be capped at £30 a few years ago. Of course we can change it. We shouldn’t just accept it.

Same prices as before the success?

They weren’t even this high a few years ago, during our success. Your argument makes no sense. Just because we are successful does not mean we have to charge ridiculous prices.

Did anyone really believe away tickets would be capped at £30 a few years ago. Of course we can change it. We shouldn’t just accept it.
The away cap meant home prices went up to cover it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.