North Stand Construction Discussion

1300 left, theve shifted 1000 in the last two days so it will be close to a sell out tomorrow! Plenty of support buying from ticket exchanged returns ! Looks like the support is there now so no chance of them lowering the prices unless we all stop going which isn't going to happen I'm afraid!
it will once we dont win a trophy for say a season or two

20k easy glory hunters here now

Cost are way to high but we know its not going to change ! Did anybody really belive once we became a world wide brand due to our recent success and ownership model that they'd still be charging the same prices as before the success arrived? Of all the top big clubs were still cheaper than all of them, the Spuds games was originally sold out so they have to charge the same for the ticket exchange seats otherwise they'd be moaners complaining when they paid for the original ticket price ! Football is expensive and although I don't like it is what it is !
I agree with most of what you say mate. I think junior tickets could have been cheaper earlier on but but the moaners would moan if they were discounted now.

Tickets haven’t been fairly cheap for donkeys years, unless you have a season card. 30 years ago it was £12 to go in the Kippax and that was about half the dole money at that time, so unaffordable for people out of work.

The benefits of being in an OSC Branch include spares being soldcheap when members are away with work etc.

??? We averaged around 44,000 when we moved into the C.O.M.S.
You do know people have died or simply fucked it off since then plus the average under Pearce was less, I was there.

I know a few who have.

The prices are shite, you try charging £68 a game when we are finishing below the top 4 or not challenging for the title. Not a chance

The club need to be really careful

08/09
Premier League
Premier League
07/08
Premier League
Premier League
06/07
Premier League
Premier League
05/06
Premier League
Premier League

Did it?

3000 x £30 (reduction) is £90.000 a match. X's 19 games = £1.700.000 a season.
IT wasn't a £30 reduction or some tickets would have been free, as away prices were capped home match tickets in the have seen significant year on year increases, and all away clubs give the smallest allocation possible and put pressure on to return unsold tickets so the can be sold at higher prices.

IT wasn't a £30 reduction or some tickets would have been free, as away prices were capped home match tickets in the have seen significant year on year increases, and all away clubs give the smallest allocation possible and put pressure on to return unsold tickets so the can be sold at higher prices.

Away tickets were £60. They started creeping higher. Arsenal began charging £65 for away tickets. After protests from fans the PL and the PL clubs agreed on £30 for an away ticket for a trial period. That Trial period lapsed and away tickets have been kept at £30. Away ends weren't selling out at the time and it was affecting the atmosphere inside the grounds due to the lack of away fans. When away tickets were capped at £30, away tickets and away allocations started selling out again and away ends were full again.

Away fans will not have to pay more than £30 to watch a Premier League match after top-flight clubs unanimously decided to continue capping ticket prices.

In a statement, the Premier League said: “All clubs know the crucial importance of away fans in generating the best possible atmosphere at matches, and recognise the additional travel costs often involved when following a team away from home.

“The £30 away ticket cap was introduced in season 2016-17, following the successful implementation of the Premier League Away Supporters’ Initiative which saw clubs provide a range of measures for their away fans.

FSF chief executive Kevin Miles said: “We welcome the Premier League’s recognition of the importance of the £30 away cap and back its decision to keep the cap in place for the coming seasons.

“We have always argued that away supporter attendance needs to be encouraged if the atmosphere and spectacle of a live football match is to be sustained.

“There had been a rapid rise in away ticket costs for many supporters and the cap put a halt on that.

Working-class game, business-class prices! Liverpool fans' anger at £62 Arsenal tickets​

1674052446179.png

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.