North Stand Construction Discussion

Tickets haven’t been fairly cheap for donkeys years, unless you have a season card. 30 years ago it was £12 to go in the Kippax and that was about half the dole money at that time, so unaffordable for people out of work.

I agree that match day tickets haven’t always been the cheapest, but right now they are the most expensive they’ve ever been.

Whilst not cheap, tickets for games like spurs were £45 a couple of years ago. It’s now £70. It’s ridiculous. We literally have some the most expensive prices in the country.

I agree that match day tickets haven’t always been the cheapest, but right now they are the most expensive they’ve ever been.

Whilst not cheap, tickets for games like spurs were £45 a couple of years ago. It’s now £70. It’s ridiculous. We literally have some the most expensive prices in the country.

It's a shame they're so expensive, but it's no surprise. We've been the best team in the country and have fans all over the place including in more affluent areas where the prices don't make people as shocked. A mate of mine from uni has now lives down in Essex and his two lads are City "fans" despite him supporting Spurs. He wanted to take them to a City game at home so I had a look and was telling him to wait as prices would surely drop down and they were a pisstake at the minute, but he was happy to pay them. Said they were comparable to Spurs so what he was expecting. Maybe that's just the times we're in now - fans from more affluent parts of the country and happy to pay high prices for the odd game so why drop the cost for local blues?

I don't know what Barcelona prices were, but for their game this weekend against Getafe, prices ranges from 54 euros to 150 euros depending where you sit. I think they limit purchases to 6 per person and just thrive off the tourists as a result of their historic stature as a club. Sadly, I would imagine the business model will be about developing our ability to rip off tourists to maximise revenue. I'm all for that, as long as there's a majority of tickets priced for proper fans and those tourists get put up in the heavens and out of the way. They don't contribute anything other than cash, but cash is king! They could release some to more local people based on home address, but you'd still probably get people flaunting that. Not sure what the answer is.

Ultimately if you have 5,000 tickets and sell 2,500 at £65 you've done better than selling 5,000 at £30. And that 2,500 probably splash the cash more at the game than bringing in some locals who fancy a game at a more palatable price. Just the times we're in sadly.

On the atmosphere point, it's no coincidence that the games that stand out were either those where tickets go to seasoncard holders or those with a lot of points like the derby and game against the dippers. Hamburg was £20 for an adult and £5 for U16s iirc, and obviously had a points criteria which meant mostly hardcore fans were there and bang up for it.

The NS expansion might bring a home end in and have some decent pricing, but overall prices will continue to rise until the scales are tipped and revenue drops due to too many empty seats.

It's a shame they're so expensive, but it's no surprise. We've been the best team in the country and have fans all over the place including in more affluent areas where the prices don't make people as shocked. A mate of mine from uni has now lives down in Essex and his two lads are City "fans" despite him supporting Spurs. He wanted to take them to a City game at home so I had a look and was telling him to wait as prices would surely drop down and they were a pisstake at the minute, but he was happy to pay them. Said they were comparable to Spurs so what he was expecting. Maybe that's just the times we're in now - fans from more affluent parts of the country and happy to pay high prices for the odd game so why drop the cost for local blues?

I don't know what Barcelona prices were, but for their game this weekend against Getafe, prices ranges from 54 euros to 150 euros depending where you sit. I think they limit purchases to 6 per person and just thrive off the tourists as a result of their historic stature as a club. Sadly, I would imagine the business model will be about developing our ability to rip off tourists to maximise revenue. I'm all for that, as long as there's a majority of tickets priced for proper fans and those tourists get put up in the heavens and out of the way. They don't contribute anything other than cash, but cash is king! They could release some to more local people based on home address, but you'd still probably get people flaunting that. Not sure what the answer is.

Ultimately if you have 5,000 tickets and sell 2,500 at £65 you've done better than selling 5,000 at £30. And that 2,500 probably splash the cash more at the game than bringing in some locals who fancy a game at a more palatable price. Just the times we're in sadly.

On the atmosphere point, it's no coincidence that the games that stand out were either those where tickets go to seasoncard holders or those with a lot of points like the derby and game against the dippers. Hamburg was £20 for an adult and £5 for U16s iirc, and obviously had a points criteria which meant mostly hardcore fans were there and bang up for it.

The NS expansion might bring a home end in and have some decent pricing, but overall prices will continue to rise until the scales are tipped and revenue drops due to too many empty seats.

I agree with a lot of what you’ve said mate, but we have no where near the levels of tourists that other top clubs do. Our league match going support mainly consists of season ticket holders and long term fans. If we want to expand we need our core support to fill those seats regularly.

On your point about affluent, I’m not sure I agree with that either. We often don’t sell out the corporate boxes and away fans often purchase those tickets.

We shouldn’t just accept these prices. Being successful shouldn’t mean pricing out our support. Liverpool, United and lots of other teams are now cheaper then we are.

I think these prices are a surprise and are completely out of sync with previous seasons. Locals in particular shouldn’t be priced out of games.

Away tickets were £60. They started creeping higher. Arsenal began charging £65 for away tickets. After protests from fans the PL and the PL clubs agreed on £30 for an away ticket for a trial period. That Trial period lapsed and away tickets have been kept at £30. Away ends weren't selling out at the time and it was affecting the atmosphere inside the grounds due to the lack of away fans. When away tickets were capped at £30, away tickets and away allocations started selling out again and away ends were full again.

Away fans will not have to pay more than £30 to watch a Premier League match after top-flight clubs unanimously decided to continue capping ticket prices.

In a statement, the Premier League said: “All clubs know the crucial importance of away fans in generating the best possible atmosphere at matches, and recognise the additional travel costs often involved when following a team away from home.

“The £30 away ticket cap was introduced in season 2016-17, following the successful implementation of the Premier League Away Supporters’ Initiative which saw clubs provide a range of measures for their away fans.

FSF chief executive Kevin Miles said: “We welcome the Premier League’s recognition of the importance of the £30 away cap and back its decision to keep the cap in place for the coming seasons.

“We have always argued that away supporter attendance needs to be encouraged if the atmosphere and spectacle of a live football match is to be sustained.

“There had been a rapid rise in away ticket costs for many supporters and the cap put a halt on that.

Working-class game, business-class prices! Liverpool fans' anger at £62 Arsenal tickets​

View attachment 66376

Not at City, adults were £38 to £58 then.
Kids started around £16 in for City.

Arsenal would be £27 for away fans now Cat C, £38 B, £66 A and was less back then. As with most clubs they charge a range of prices, and with concessions some clubs may have lost a few hundred grand, but others last season lost Zero. No one would have come close to £1m in 2016/17. Especially how very little is knocked off over 65s for aways, sometimes £1 and zero, max £5 to £10 by the most generous.

City change prices every week now, but there were several matches available at £30 when the season started.

I agree with a lot of what you’ve said mate, but we have no where near the levels of tourists that other top clubs do. Our league match going support mainly consists of season ticket holders and long term fans. If we want to expand we need our core support to fill those seats regularly.

On your point about affluent, I’m not sure I agree with that either. We often don’t sell out the corporate boxes and away fans often purchase those tickets.

We shouldn’t just accept these prices. Being successful shouldn’t mean pricing out our support. Liverpool, United and lots of other teams are now cheaper then we are.

I think these prices are a surprise and are completely out of sync with previous seasons. Locals in particular shouldn’t be priced out of games.

No I agree mate. I've made a wild guess based on one person I've spoken to, so could be way off the mark. And people aren't flying in to see Manchester and take in a City game as you might if you went to Barcelona. No one is going to watch Espanyol instead either!

I would love it if we could price it cheap and get as many proper fans in as possible, business wise I'm just very sceptical as our value and commercial power as a club seems to be the priority. We'll see what they do with the North Stand. That will give us the answer ultimately. It could be a mindblowing design which creates a home end and excellent matchday facilities for blues - linking up to Co-op Live. Or it could be a token gesture for your typical matchday fans and loaded with corporate seats, posh restaurants and a grand hotel for weekend packages!

Can anyone start a new thread on North Stand Expansion,

This ticket price thread is being ambushed by rare posts
on North Stand Expansion plans

There is no new news mate but in fairness the conversation is kinda relevant as ticket prices will be important as to the selling out of the new stand and stadium in general?

Don't seem to bad
7be6052530d69e219cf50fe5e95f8e26.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.