North Stand Construction Discussion

And this
fa3cbd9ee93bd08c9ce726afdbffc063.jpg
You need to have the median to compare properly. Arsenal's average price is £1,050 this season with 4 domestic cup ties included, and credited back if not played. City's average is double the lowest price.

You need to have the median to compare properly. Arsenal's average price is £1,050 this season with 4 domestic cup ties included, and credited back if not played. City's average is double the lowest price.
How do you get an average of £1,050 if the minimum is £926.50 & maximum £1839.00 unless most of them are at the minimum price? Seems unlikely.

Don't seem to bad
7be6052530d69e219cf50fe5e95f8e26.jpg

Unless your being sarcastic, You clearly haven’t read my post or any previous posts. I’m talking about match day ticket prices.

Unless you think £70 on a Thursday night is alright?

And I don’t agree with the point about season tickets either. There’s a very small number of cheaper season tickets. The rest of the ground is expensive and gone up 10 out of last 11 years

Last edited:
The only places to go are on here and on the OS when the proposals are made public. Bar the OS for obvious reasons, no other website knows more about the North stand expansion than we do.

The planning application will provide the best information. Within the transport document you will find out more about where our supporters live, where they travel from, how they travel and the number of season ticket holders etc. Tameside had the most seaaon ticket holders as a percentage of population from my calculations.

Last edited:
I’m sure many of you fellow FOCs remember the singing part of the old Kippax stand. If you’re too young to remember, facing the pitch, it was in the top left corner of the stand, right next to the set of railings between the home and away fans, and above the tunnel, shown in the picture.

It’s hard to try and even guess the amount of singers in that corner, but it must have been in the 1000’s. Once the chants got going they would spread across the rest of the Kippax with 1000’s of other City fans joining in with the chants. And because the roof was low and cathedral shaped internally, the noise and atmosphere would carry and spill out across Maine Road.

The highlight chants for me were, Here we go, Let’s all have a disco, and we’re City, we’re barmy, we’re off our f*cking heads. When those 3 chants got going everyone would be piling into each other, you’d be carried up, down and along the Kippax by the sheer number of people moving in different directions, and more often than not you’d end up in another part of the singing section, and you’d have to make your way back to where you were originally stood, if you could get back there, as everyone was so close together . Magaical times. :-) Sadly never to be involved in again.

View attachment 65766

Outside the back of the Kippax singing corner, the tunnel entrance, and next to the stairs, left, leading to the away end. Before the hill was paved it used to be grass with a concrete and stone top. I used sit up there before the match and at half-time watching and enjoying all the chants, banter and swearing that took place between City fans and the away fans either side of the metal railings.

View attachment 65767

Click on the link below for a great read and some fascinating old pictures of the Kippax.

‘The North End was a similarly obvious name for the terrace to its left’

Not sure if my memory is playing tricks on me but I only remember a grass embankment behind the stand. Sadly only got 4 years in the great stand. Used to stand either above the tunnel with the singers or in the ‘empty end’ where the away fans would be housed next to the Platt Lane.

Not sure if my memory is playing tricks on me but I only remember a grass embankment behind the stand. Sadly only got 4 years in the great stand. Used to stand either above the tunnel with the singers or in the ‘empty end’ where the away fans would be housed next to the Platt Lane.
happy days,in my younger years i got sat on the wall at the front, as i got older i moved towards the singing section,ended up sitting everywhere at maine road , my final seats were the main stand(i used to get my tickets off the grounds man)

Unless your being sarcastic, You clearly haven’t read my post or any previous posts. I’m talking about match day ticket prices.

Unless you think £70 on a Thursday night is alright?

And I don’t agree with the point about season tickets either. There’s a very small number of cheaper season tickets. The rest of the ground is expensive and gone up 10 out of last 11 years

We have also won more than any other team in the last ten years and spent a shit load on world class players, wages and bonuses?

I’m sure many of you fellow FOCs remember the singing part of the old Kippax stand. If you’re too young to remember, facing the pitch, it was in the top left corner of the stand, right next to the set of railings between the home and away fans, and above the tunnel, shown in the picture.

It’s hard to try and even guess the amount of singers in that corner, but it must have been in the 1000’s. Once the chants got going they would spread across the rest of the Kippax with 1000’s of other City fans joining in with the chants. And because the roof was low and cathedral shaped internally, the noise and atmosphere would carry and spill out across Maine Road.

The highlight chants for me were, Here we go, Let’s all have a disco, and we’re City, we’re barmy, we’re off our f*cking heads. When those 3 chants got going everyone would be piling into each other, you’d be carried up, down and along the Kippax by the sheer number of people moving in different directions, and more often than not you’d end up in another part of the singing section, and you’d have to make your way back to where you were originally stood, if you could get back there, as everyone was so close together . Magaical times. :-) Sadly never to be involved in again.

View attachment 65766

Outside the back of the Kippax singing corner, the tunnel entrance, and next to the stairs, left, leading to the away end. Before the hill was paved it used to be grass with a concrete and stone top. I used sit up there before the match and at half-time watching and enjoying all the chants, banter and swearing that took place between City fans and the away fans either side of the metal railings.

View attachment 65767

Click on the link below for a great read and some fascinating old pictures of the Kippax.

‘The North End was a similarly obvious name for the terrace to its left’

That’s where the lads smoking draw used to congregate as well. Smelled like Bob Marley’s ashtray some Saturdays

How do you get an average of £1,050 if the minimum is £926.50 & maximum £1839.00 unless most of them are at the minimum price? Seems unlikely.
Arsenal published the info on average price. Makes the graphics look misleading.

happy days,in my younger years i got sat on the wall at the front, as i got older i moved towards the singing section,ended up sitting everywhere at maine road , my final seats were the main stand(i used to get my tickets off the grounds man)

Yes great memories. I sat all over also. Went with my dad from 7 - 14 moving around the North Stand and Main Stand and then finally onto the kippax when I started going with mates.

Circa 1989 we often went into the Maim Stand and sat adjacent to the one and only Peter Swales. One of the most surreal days was the Bournemouth match, last home game which we needed to win to clinch promotion. 3-0 at half time, Edfie Larges team talk and the match finished 3-3.

5 mins after the match news filtered through that Leicester? had equalised at Palace meaning we still only needed a point against Bradford.

The ground went from 40 something blokes, filled with rage, screaming abuse at Swales while carrying a 5ft inflatable banana, to jumping around with joy celebrating an unlikely lifeline.

When we left I was in the Kippax AA Lower.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.