North Stand Development: Have your say

Thanks for the feedback. If you haven't filled in the survey yet, feel free to include this info in the further comments section. We're literally passing the whole spreadsheet onto the club so everyone has an opportunity to be heard.

The other questions are more to gauge an overall view of what fans are expecting from the North Stand.

We will do our best to advocate for the majority view.

As much as I don’t want to give them credit. What Man U have done and how they’ve managed their singing section is something we should look at replicating. 1894 should hold their nose and consult with them. The singers need to be at the front not the back of the Upper tier of the stand. Make the whole lower tier u25 and cheap tickets.
Exactly! I don’t get why 1894 have started with this
“Would you consider moving to the newly expanded atmospheric North Stand if it meant being located from halfway up North Stand Level 2 towards the back of the stand? ”
So clearly know more than letting on. Why on earth would you suggest starting halfway up?!!

As much as I don’t want to give them credit. What Man U have done and how they’ve managed their singing section is something we should look at replicating. 1894 should hold their nose and consult with them. The singers need to be at the front not the back of the Upper tier of the stand. Make the whole lower tier u25 and cheap tickets.
Need to make all NSL1 safe standing and get the singers in to improve the atmosphere at that end.

I think any singing section in the North stand must be on Level 2 , otherwise we will be left with the exact same issues as in the South stand, where the accoustics from the lower tier are pretty rubbish and sound doesn't spread. SSL1 and SSL3 cannot hear each other, why not bring all those singers together on an expanded NSL2?

Bottom line, there HAS to be two ends which create atmosphere.

If we manage to keep the South Stand at a good level and the other end created at least similar noise (hopefully better) then genuinely we’ll have cracked it. Noise would also catch to other areas (like current North lower) who just need a lead to follow.

The club also needs to find the right way to group vocal fans and keep those who want to be near atmosphere without participating elsewhere.

No. But presumably they’ll be an announcement as to how many of the new seats are earmarked for season tickets, sometime in the off season before it opens.

Don’t think the first full season will be until ‘26-‘27 though will it? Not followed the timescale info closely, so that could be wrong.
Cheers pal.

No. But presumably they’ll be an announcement as to how many of the new seats are earmarked for season tickets, sometime in the off season before it opens.

Don’t think the first full season will be until ‘26-‘27 though will it? Not followed the timescale info closely, so that could be wrong.
I feel so sorry for youngsters. Old folk are making everything difficult for them.

Exactly! I don’t get why 1894 have started with this
“Would you consider moving to the newly expanded atmospheric North Stand if it meant being located from halfway up North Stand Level 2 towards the back of the stand? ”
So clearly know more than letting on. Why on earth would you suggest starting halfway up?!!

Just a point on this. We are actually limited in what we can say.

I don't want to go into too much detail, but the logic behind that question is that existing seasoncard holders wouldn't have to be moved.

We want to see what fans think about it and we will pass that information onto the club.

City has invited representatives from 1894, CityMatters and The Official Supporters Club to another meeting about the new North Stand next month.

It's imperative that we convey the views of our members and the wider fan base.

Please spare 10 minutes to complete this survey. This is your opportunity to be heard by the people working on the North Stand Development.

None of the answers you provide are binding, they are purely for the benefit of our meeting next month. The answers you provide will help 1894, CityMatters and The OSC to truly understand what the fanbase wants. We will do our best to push for that majority view.

Please click this link and fill in your responses.

https://bit.ly/1894NorthStand

It would be great if you can post on this thread when you're done so that the thread is bumped and more blues get the chance to offer their opinions.
Thanks again to everyone who's taken the time to fill this in. We've had a great response so far.

If you haven't already, this is your chance to have your say. Feel free to share it with your friends/family who attend games.

I will be closing the form later this week.

Just a point on this. We are actually limited in what we can say.

I don't want to go into too much detail, but the logic behind that question is that existing seasoncard holders wouldn't have to be moved.

We want to see what fans think about it and we will pass that information onto the club.

If that’s the thinking - and I’m sure that’s the easiest, least hassle solution for the club.

But it will make zero difference to the atmosphere inside the ground.

There needs to be a a really well thought out and unfortunately complex strategy to solve the atmosphere issue. And it probably means making some difficult decisions and moving a few fans against their will. You might have to incentivise that decision. But on the other hand they’re more than happy to move people to expand the corporate capacity.

Does the club have the stomach to do that and can the 1894 group/supporters clubs/City Matters put that to the club strongly enough that they listen? Only time will tell.

This feels like a one off chance to get this right and to make a real difference to the match day experience for a large number of fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.