North Stand Development: Have your say

Done. Wrote this in the "any comments" section. Just my opinion:

The issue of establishing a popular stand (a new Kippax) where all the singing and atmosphere emenates from has never been addressed since the move from Maine Road. It's frankly embarrassing. This is a once in lifetime opportunity. I'd even name it The Kippax or, at the very least, reference the upper tier as such.

Exactly! I don’t get why 1894 have started with this
“Would you consider moving to the newly expanded atmospheric North Stand if it meant being located from halfway up North Stand Level 2 towards the back of the stand? ”
So clearly know more than letting on. Why on earth would you suggest starting halfway up?!!

That is one option. There are numerous options available. You need to read the questionaaire again, if you can, and read the other questions that will have an impact on the atmosphere, like moving the GA+ seats, giving a block of seats to the youth, etc.

I’m in 1894. I’m not privy to discussions that have taken place between the club and the fans representatives, even though I could ask, but as far as I know no final decisions by the club on the North stand have been made yet.
Discussion between the club and the fan representatives are still on going. I think this is the 3 or 4th meeting between the club and the fan representatives.

What I can tell you and everyone else is that the fan representatives are fighting the fans corner, and are pushing very, very hard for what the fans want for the new North stand home end.

The club is asking for fan feedback. The fan representatives are giving the club the feedback they want. The 1894 questionnaire is one example of that.

Have some faith and be a bit more positive in the process and with the fan representatives. It’s too easy to criticise from the outside when you don’t know what’s happening on the inside.

Last edited:
If that’s the thinking - and I’m sure that’s the easiest, least hassle solution for the club.

But it will make zero difference to the atmosphere inside the ground.

There needs to be a a really well thought out and unfortunately complex strategy to solve the atmosphere issue. And it probably means making some difficult decisions and moving a few fans against their will. You might have to incentivise that decision. But on the other hand they’re more than happy to move people to expand the corporate capacity.

Does the club have the stomach to do that and can the 1894 group/supporters clubs/City Matters put that to the club strongly enough that they listen? Only time will tell.

This feels like a one off chance to get this right and to make a real difference to the match day experience for a large number of fans.
I don't disagree with you! :)

I do think that having 6,000 mad heads at the back of the stand making a racket would improve the atmosphere, though. I just don't think it would improve it as much as having 10,000+ mad heads making a racket.

Done. Wrote this in the "any comments" section. Just my opinion:

The issue of establishing a popular stand (a new Kippax) where all the singing and atmosphere emenates from has never been addressed since the move from Maine Road. It's frankly embarrassing. This is a once in lifetime opportunity. I'd even name it The Kippax or, at the very least, reference the upper tier as such.
Correct.

And the most important part of your post is…….

‘This is a once in lifetime opportunity’

In fact, it’s the final opportunity to give the ‘club and the fans’ a proper home end.

Just a point on this. We are actually limited in what we can say.

I don't want to go into too much detail, but the logic behind that question is that existing seasoncard holders wouldn't have to be moved.

We want to see what fans think about it and we will pass that information onto the club.

As I surmised then.

If they want to not move anyone, just make the extended part safe standing with cheap tickets for 18-25 year olds. Everyone else can just stay where they are including 1894.

Obviously I'd prefer a full blue wall for the whole tier but that seems to be against what the club want. Even so, I've pushed for the blue wall idea in the survey.

Tbh, the current 2nd tier isn't even that big so I'm sure they could find spaces for people in tier 1 and in other parts of the ground. A lot of people in there don't even have young kids anymore since they've grown up and stayed where they were.

I think there is a going to be a compromise.

The fans will have to accept some of what the club want for the new North stand home end to drive more revenue.

The club will have to accept what the fans want for the new North stand home end to create a better atmosphere.

The compromise bit is the hard bit to find to satisfy both sides.

What some people might forget?

The club have put forward City employees to discuss the North stand with the fan representatives. Those discussions then have to collated between the different City employees and presented to the board members. That is where the final discussions and decisions will be made and signed off. It’s a long process.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.