North Stand Development: Have your say

I think there is a going to be a compromise.

The fans will have to accept some of what the club want for the new North stand home end to drive more revenue.

The club will have to accept what the fans want for the new North stand home end to create a better atmosphere.

The compromise bit is the hard bit to find to satisfy both sides.

The compromise will be that the extension to tier 2 is safe standing but the original part of tier 2 stays the same.

The compromise will be that the extension to tier 2 is safe standing but the original part of tier 2 stays the same.

We’ve all got differing compromises. Let’s see what the clubs compromise is. Only they can compromise on what they want the new North stand to be.

I don't disagree with you! :)

I do think that having 6,000 mad heads at the back of the stand making a racket would improve the atmosphere, though. I just don't think it would improve it as much as having 10,000+ mad heads making a racket.
When 1894 tried to get a group at the back of SSL3 when away teams only take their SSL1 & SSL2 allocations I don’t really hear a peep out of that area. I sit near the front-ish of SSL3. Kudos to them for trying though.

Is there any update on SSL3 becoming all rail
seating? I went on an Etihad stadium tour at Easter and the guide said it was something they were exploring.

When 1894 tried to get a group at the back of SSL3 when away teams only take their SSL1 & SSL2 allocations I don’t really hear a peep out of that area. I sit near the front-ish of SSL3. Kudos to them for trying though.
1894 have only ever done this once. I think we moved about 70 fans to the back of SSL3.

We found that it didn't work as well because the rows in front of us were all infrequent fans who probably didn't know many words to songs for example. One big thing we will push for with any singing section in the North Stand is that it should be mainly seasoncard holders so there aren't random touristy types diluting the atmosphere in there.

Just a point on this. We are actually limited in what we can say.

I don't want to go into too much detail, but the logic behind that question is that existing seasoncard holders wouldn't have to be moved.

We want to see what fans think about it and we will pass that information onto the club.
Cheers for the update mate. Makes sense. :)

That is one option. There are numerous options available. You need to read the questionaaire again, if you can, and read the other questions that will have an impact on the atmosphere, like moving the GA+ seats, giving a block of seats to the youth, etc.

I’m in 1894. I’m not privy to discussions that have taken place between the club and the fans representatives, even though I could ask, but as far as I know no final decisions by the club on the North stand have been made yet.
Discussion between the club and the fan representatives are still on going. I think this is the 3 or 4th meeting between the club and the fan representatives.

What I can tell you and everyone else is that the fan representatives are fighting the fans corner, and are pushing very, very hard for what the fans want for the new North stand home end.

The club is asking for fan feedback. The fan representatives are giving the club the feedback they want. The 1894 questionnaire is one example of that.

Have some faith and be a bit more positive in the process and with the fan representatives. It’s too easy to criticise from the outside when you don’t know what’s happening on the inside.
Yeah my response reads like that ha ha but wasn’t meant to be negative, but see what you mean. :)

Reactions: jrb
Thanks again everyone who's filled this form in. Just reminding other posters that there are only a couple of days left to offer your feedback.
I filled it in. But why has the club not e mailed all supporters in the family stand to ask their views? They are the ones most likely to be affected by the new development.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.