North Stand Development: Have your say

Done.
In my comments at the end I stressed having a very long relocation period for ST holders as seat swapping will get very messy. I also mentioned ditching the hospitality area as this wrecks the atmosphere (see the middle of L2 in the south stand) and also keep the prices reasonable.
Unfortunately the club has never listened to comments about inappropriate hospitality areas or ticket pricing in the past.
£5 a ticket suit you sir ?

Done.

In my comments, I stated firmly that the atmosphere-improving aim of the North Stand development is the biggest single factor, for me as a fan. The club has got to get it right this time. (By the way, atmosphere is a problem at many, many grounds, and you've only got to look round other club forums to find, very quickly, a thread on improving atmosphere. Atmosphere can be improved, but I believe — and have always said — that what we're looking at here is a sea change in society and the way it approaches leisure, a sea change which has arrived slowly but surely over many years, and above all the whole generation growing up — two generations really, now — who live the world through a screen — even, subconsciously, transferring that over to the match day experience. This is something very deep, and it will take decades before we fully grasp the implications of it. That's my firm conviction).
But as a South Stander who sits very close to the hospitality block, I also pointed out that the hospitality block should not be situated slap bang in the middle of singing blocks, as it is in the SS. It intensely winds up people around me when people in the hospitality block — supposedly neutral — get up and vociferously cheer an opposition goal (funnily enough, never more so than when it's an LFC goal! People start frothing at the mouth!). And let's be realistic, opposition supporters are always going to get hold of tickets in hospitality, here and there, by hook or by crook. You just know it can't be eliminated.
Just as bad, though, probably worse, is the way the hospitality block acts as a passive, dragging anchor, an inert “dead” presence, on any attempt to get the whole level singing. They leave en masse five minutes before the half-time whistle, and they don't come back until up to ten minutes after the start of the second half. I kid you not, and I could take photos to prove it.
I don't think realistically the club are going to eliminate hospitality seats from the new development. 1894 and other groups can ask for it till they're blue in the face. I just don't. It's business, and it's big business, and — like it or not — that is partly what City are, these days. But I do strongly suggest that a hospitality block should be placed off to one side, either left or right (probably to the Colin Bell side, since they don't sing anyway… JJ any offended CB fans).
Would I relocate from the South to the North. I'm honestly not sure. I've grown very fond of that seat. I also don't have a bunch of whingeing bellends around me — I have a bunch of good lads, who tolerate my presence humorously, and that counts.
What I'd really like to see, though, is the North Stand serenading the South Stand in those hypercharged matches (and you know what they are). And vice versa.

£5 a ticket suit you sir ?
It would be nice; £5 for FOCs like me and a tenner for the rest.
A few years before the £30 away tickets were a thing in the Prem some club (possibly Arsenal) tried to charge us about £60 for a game. That must have been around ten years ago and I still think it's too much for a single league game, yet City are asking that price in areas not considered top seats in the ground.

Done.

In my comments, I stated firmly that the atmosphere-improving aim of the North Stand development is the biggest single factor, for me as a fan. The club has got to get it right this time. (By the way, atmosphere is a problem at many, many grounds, and you've only got to look round other club forums to find, very quickly, a thread on improving atmosphere. Atmosphere can be improved, but I believe — and have always said — that what we're looking at here is a sea change in society and the way it approaches leisure, a sea change which has arrived slowly but surely over many years, and above all the whole generation growing up — two generations really, now — who live the world through a screen — even, subconsciously, transferring that over to the match day experience. This is something very deep, and it will take decades before we fully grasp the implications of it. That's my firm conviction).
But as a South Stander who sits very close to the hospitality block, I also pointed out that the hospitality block should not be situated slap bang in the middle of singing blocks, as it is in the SS. It intensely winds up people around me when people in the hospitality block — supposedly neutral — get up and vociferously cheer an opposition goal (funnily enough, never more so than when it's an LFC goal! People start frothing at the mouth!). And let's be realistic, opposition supporters are always going to get hold of tickets in hospitality, here and there, by hook or by crook. You just know it can't be eliminated.
Just as bad, though, probably worse, is the way the hospitality block acts as a passive, dragging anchor, an inert “dead” presence, on any attempt to get the whole level singing. They leave en masse five minutes before the half-time whistle, and they don't come back until up to ten minutes after the start of the second half. I kid you not, and I could take photos to prove it.
I don't think realistically the club are going to eliminate hospitality seats from the new development. 1894 and other groups can ask for it till they're blue in the face. I just don't. It's business, and it's big business, and — like it or not — that is partly what City are, these days. But I do strongly suggest that a hospitality block should be placed off to one side, either left or right (probably to the Colin Bell side, since they don't sing anyway… JJ any offended CB fans).
Would I relocate from the South to the North. I'm honestly not sure. I've grown very fond of that seat. I also don't have a bunch of whingeing bellends around me — I have a bunch of good lads, who tolerate my presence humorously, and that counts.
What I'd really like to see, though, is the North Stand serenading the South Stand in those hypercharged matches (and you know what they are). And vice versa.
Great Post mate

A few years before the £30 away tickets were a thing in the Prem some club (possibly Arsenal) tried to charge us about £60 for a game. That must have been around ten years ago and I still think it's too much for a single league game, yet City are asking that price in areas not considered top seats in the ground.
You're living in cloud cuckoo land, we're watching one of the best teams in history and you want cheap tickets ? How did you go on when we were shit ffs ???

So as a F.O.C are you not a pensioner with cheap tickets?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.