North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

Read the replies.

Utter confusion, and different advice.

You can image the chaos that will ensue if the club doesn’t release season ticket information for the new North stand well in advance, so City fans can decided to relocate or not.

A whole generation of parents taking their kids are going to be frozen out!

I took my two lads in the dark days of the 1990's, but they kept the faith and we now have season tickets together.

To think my lad won't be able to do that with my grandson is a hard one to take.

I watched the Ian Cheeseman video and I was impressed with the contributions of Dante and Lucas and the City Matters guys made good points too. I wonder if the legal cases are holding up City sharing indicative prices. Hopefully, the Club will be confident enough to release the price info by early in the New Year.

Good points were made about the risk of social media posts and media statements giving a misleading position. I had got the wrong end of the stick about it feeling like 1894 were “marking the Club’s homework” when the approach being taken overall was constructive.

Hopefully, the parties can find a productive route through the current impasse. I think the Club could give ground on the 93:20 type 5 rows to restart better engagement. The sky platform
Is a bit of a red hearing as that shouldn’t have an affect on the atmosphere.
Just to add the club must be in a position to share the cost of tickets / cards in the 3,000 rail seating blocks as they surely must be the same cheap price / regardless of what Division we are in next season.‘I fully expect us to be in the Prem btw.

For enough mate you might be right.

FWiW communications used to be more open a few years back but there were a very small minority people who were accessing documents from meetings and coming on here and putting a negative twist on things.

I try to publish a summary of the OSC AGM on here each year but I know that probably won’t be the level of info you are looking for.

The last 2 documents I have seen from the OSC have been:
1.Updated bid forms for members / Branches to apply for charitable funding to help with charity work that member(s) of the Branch have an interest in. I’m not sure what other Branches have had approved in past years but I think Bob in our Branch had help with clinical equipment that he transported to a children’s hospital in Ukraine (I’m afraid I do t know all the details).

2. There has been update to some of the OSC Ruies. I think the main change that I have seen is stopping members living in the UK accessing tickets from overseas Branches and related requirements on overseas branches to have the vast majority of their membership in the designated Country.

I have not read the rules thoroughly so another change they might be in there is brining an ex player from the Players’ Association on to the Exec Committee in a non decision making capacity. I think David was going to be invited but I wasn’t at the last Exec Committee meeting so I’m not sure if that’s happened or not.
A more ‘public & inclusive’ profile (rather than what appears to be a ‘closed’ profile) could be beneficial for all parties.

I’m unsure how that could be achieved with a members club but where there’s a will there’s a way.

Representing City fans should be inclusive and overlap the various bodies not be fragmented competitors or political.

Fans and the club have some important issues to agree & resolve in the immediate future and they will be best approached with all noses pointing in the same direction.

Sorry, the season ticket stuff has kind of passed me by. Can I just check I have this right, that the club are no longer offering season tickets for sale, at all?

Does anyone know if a season ticket holder is an OAP and decided to stop going, whether the family would then get the opportunity to upgrade the ticket price to an adult ticket so another family member could go? Or would they lose the season ticket altogether in that scenario?
City haven’t sold season tickets for coming up six years.

Everyone who has fallen away from having a season ticket, their seat is not put up as a season ticket for someone else to enjoy.

The lad next to me gave up his season ticket two years ago a that price rise was the last straw for him, and in every game since I’ve had a foreign visitor sat next to me (probably over half the time they aren’t a City fan).

I remember you could change the name of the season ticket holder at one point, don’t know if that can still happen.

A whole generation of parents taking their kids are going to be frozen out!

I took my two lads in the dark days of the 1990's, but they kept the faith and we now have season tickets together.

To think my lad won't be able to do that with my grandson is a hard one to take.
Same here except I’m going to live till I’m about 130 or even longer as long as the TO don’t run a check on dates of birth. My grandson is about 2 season short of having grandads seat in SSL3 next to his Dad who has sat next to me since Wrexham at home

My understanding is that a ST cannot be transferred unless that person has passed away in which case a member of the family could take it on.

Can’t do any harm to state individual circumstances to the club though and see what they say. At the end of the day they can do whatever they want I suppose!

Thanks mate, I might give them a ring next week and see where we would stand with it all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.