North Stand Expansion

Just making other readers aware rather than yourself. :)

Does sound like they have approached the situation differently.

No probs mate. :-)

I appreciate security guards have a job to do.

I just get annoyed and irate when a security guard speaks to me like that. As a rule security guards are ok with me and don't mind me taking pictures as long as I tell them why I'm taking pictures. I always used to reference SSC-MCR when I used to post construction pictures on that forum. Now I reference BM. ;-)

Last edited:
so an increased capacity of around 7k when completed, its a way off yet however i think there will be a window for season ticket holders from other sections of the ground 'the singers' to be able to get together which in turn will create 7k season ticket options for new people, any idea how many are on the waiting list 'if one exists' or the best way to go about getting one

so an increased capacity of around 7k when completed, its a way off yet however i think there will be a window for season ticket holders from other sections of the ground 'the singers' to be able to get together which in turn will create 7k season ticket options for new people, any idea how many are on the waiting list 'if one exists' or the best way to go about getting one
There isn't a waiting list, likely to be done on previous match attendance for Citizen members. It's very unlikely that all the additional seats will be given to season tickets, in fact I'd be amazed if half did.

I just had a look on mancity.com ( Etihad Campus Development page ) and it states that the North Stand itself will open during the 2025/26 season. Wasn't the stand originally meant to open for the start of the 25/26 season ?

I just had a look on mancity.com ( Etihad Campus Development page ) and it states that the North Stand itself will open during the 2025/26 season. Wasn't the stand originally meant to open for the start of the 25/26 season ?
Depends on the standards for the North West Counties League? Or, the Premier League games switched to Doha, Beijing, Melbourne and Reykjavik?

Ha!

Just been approached by an aggressive security steward at the Coop Live Arena, Canal Side, because I was taking pictures of it. CCTV have been watching me. The aggressive steward wanted to know why I was taking pictures. You can imagine my reaction and my response.

Welcome to the Coop Live Arena.

In fairness, that is probably a lot more common than you've been fortunate to have experienced.

There isn't a waiting list, likely to be done on previous match attendance for Citizen members. It's very unlikely that all the additional seats will be given to season tickets, in fact I'd be amazed if half did.

I'd be amazed if most of them didn't get sold as season tickets, certainly more than half. I base that on nothing at all other than my own logic.

This may have already been.posted and discussed? If not.

The (first) load transfer of the roof support cables on the right hand stanchion has been completed. The right hand stanchion no longer supports that side of the NS roof.

Tried to get as close to the top as I could, but my mobile can only zoom in so far.

PXL-20240623-113552679-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20240623-113612920-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20240623-113626907-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20240623-113803340-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20240623-113526874-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20240623-114100881-MP-2.jpg

Zoomed in screen grab.

Screenshot-20240623-132435-3.png

Great close-up that. I knew they would he slacking off the back cables to the ground, as they tightened the top rods to the cage that replace them. But wasn't sure whether that woukd happen at ground level or at the top junction, now I know. As previously pointed out the 4 back cables are replaced by the two top diagonal rods out to the top corners of the 'cage'/ tower. The back cables are now redundant, at least on that tower.

Sorry for re-posting, just a reminder or for those that werent that interested ahead of time.

1000018803.jpg

1000018066.gif

As an aside, I know I say this from time to time but it really is impressive how close you get, I have thought this for years. There were points when I thought you got let on to some sites, the way the photos felt.

Great close-up that. I knew they would he slacking off the back cables to the ground, as they tightened the top rods to the cage that replace them. But wasn't sure whether that woukd happen at ground level or at the top junction, now I know. As previously pointed out the 4 back cables are replaced by the two top diagonal rods out to the top corners of the 'cage'/ tower. The back cables are now redundant, at least on that tower.

Sorry for re-posting, just a reminder or for those that werent that interested ahead of time.

View attachment 123201

View attachment 123202

As an aside, I know I say this from time to time but it really is impressive how close you get, I have thought this for years. There were points when I thought you got let on to some sites, the way the photos felt.
Great work mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.