North Stand Expansion

Very similar to the Olympic stadium in Sydney Australia

View attachment 123582
Venues of the 2000 Summer Olympics - Wikipedia

Visually and as a shape, with the spirals, yeah great comparison. Structurally, quite different concepts, this one is two back to front trusses, ours is a ring cable to outer posts, which is similar to the munich roof.

Visually and as a shape, with the spirals, yeah great comparison. Structurally, quite different concepts, this one is two back to front trusses, ours is a ring cable to outer posts, which is similar to the munich roof.
I love the blandness of the external cladding.
It will age and continue to weather beautifully.
Similar to Art Deco , as you immediately recognise its genre.

I have worked very recently at both The Royal Festival Hall and The Barbican and just can’t get enough of their simplicity.

The excavation to reveal the sub bowl was literally ground breaking and unprecedented.
I've seen posts previously where they thought the bottom tier was built and then filled in for the games, then dug out when we were converting it to it's present state. That isn't what happened if that's your meaning.

Tour guide at 9 mins says the stand will be finished around November 2025.

Obviously it may be a case it’s open for August 2025 but they carry on doing works after the season starts as they did the South Stand.

Coop Live Arena revisited had a picture of people drinking on the Canal Side seating area.

View attachment 123572

I’ll post the link if you want to read the article, even though there is nothing about the North stand in it.

A food kiosk inside the arena. (I wonder what is planned for food and drink areas inside the fan zone and North stand)

View attachment 123573

All the food outlets currently around the ground have been consulted about the food and drinks area in the extension and have been promised they will be included, as they are all local business this is great

Last edited:
Tour guide at 9 mins says the stand will be finished around November 2025.

Obviously it may be a case it’s open for August 2025 but they carry on doing works after the season starts as they did the South Stand.

That is what the CMP suggests as well, as I understood it the seating, toilets and escapes would be open for the start of the season, but not all the foh/boh areas which are for oct/nov.

I loosely say 'the stand', for the tiered seating area as that's what is the important bit for those using it.

I've seen posts previously where they thought the bottom tier was built and then filled in for the games, then dug out when we were converting it to its present state. That isn't what happened if that's
Me too but no , that isn’t what meant.

The concept was to remove the running track and bring the stadia closer for the football audience.

Ove Arup must be highly commended for their foresight .

My personal view is that symmetry can kill good design. I quite like the fact the stadium has a visible time-line and a bit of a story to tell.

Also, I suppose the fact nothing matches is a nod to Maine Road
Totally agree, with the SS extension and now the NS extension being totally different in design we are coming away from a basic oval design like many new stadiums to something different.
I have to say I like the idea and full confidence in what our owners have signed off to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.