North Stand Expansion

Having seen the model, I’m a bit disappointed tbh. I am eternally grateful to our owners and their investment into the club and I know this expansion is a great idea and all that but it just looks out of place glued on to the end of a football stadium. I wish the stadium would’ve been extended all the way round instead of piecemeal and made into a 90000 state of the art stadium to rival Real Madrid’s. The amazing fanzone and hotel could still have been built on the car park opposite the East Stand. As it is it just looks odd and, dare I say it, ugly. No doubt I’ll get slated but I bet I’m not the only one who feels this way.

Having seen the model, I’m a bit disappointed tbh. I am eternally grateful to our owners and their investment into the club and I know this expansion is a great idea and all that but it just looks out of place glued on to the end of a football stadium. I wish the stadium would’ve been extended all the way round instead of piecemeal and made into a 90000 state of the art stadium to rival Real Madrid’s. The amazing fanzone and hotel could still have been built on the car park opposite the East Stand. As it is it just looks odd and, dare I say it, ugly. No doubt I’ll get slated but I bet I’m not the only one who feels this way.

I don’t think you’re alone in that opinion. There are definitely differing opinions on parts of the North stand redevelopment.

797adf268861a3e6b46c5f08df296cfe.jpg

Posted by @mcfc_lads. It looks as though the back stays have been removed from the right tower. It may also just be the angle.

Yeah the back cables are gone by the look of it.

A bit random.

The stadium will be extended stand by stand. The original design means doing the sides will be extremely difficult but even if that did happen, it’s probably 10 years off at least.

I also think people will change their tune when they experience the new development in person. What it brings to the table will by far outweigh any negatives in terms of how some might think it looks.

I think it is clever in more ways than not. Whether that then looks good, odd, ugly etc is open to debate and personal opinion. You are not alone in saying such.

I wouldn't base much on pictures of that model though, that has a specific purpose and is made for that.

My personal view is that symmetry can kill good design. I quite like the fact the stadium has a visible time-line and a bit of a story to tell.

Also, I suppose the fact nothing matches is a nod to Maine Road

Are you hinting at recreating the Gene Kelly stand if either or both of the East and West stands are ever expanded in the future?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.