North Stand Expansion

I absolutely love The Etihad- always have.

It reminds me of the Olympic Stadium in Munich.

Not everyone’s cup of tea , but that is what architecture should do , split opinion.

The excavation to reveal the sub bowl was literally ground breaking and unprecedented.
I completely agree, couldn’t believe how much legroom I got when I went to the very first game played there. The oval shape of the stands means everybody has a great view of the pitch.

I went to the Olympic football at Old Toilet in the Stretford end and have never been so uncomfortable in all my life. Some people don’t know how lucky they are.

Coop Live Arena revisited had a picture of people drinking on the Canal Side seating area.

126BB064-0D0B-4131-A022-7D36304F7823.jpeg

I’ll post the link if you want to read the article, even though there is nothing about the North stand in it.

A food kiosk inside the arena. (I wonder what is planned for food and drink areas inside the fan zone and North stand)

372E9B81-AA83-45C7-8990-F000412F39F9.jpeg

I see, wasn't aware of that, I assumed it would be similar to the south stand, as the whole cable supports the whole roof including over the other stands.

Yes, it will be, for the ring cable itself. But unlike the south stand, the angled piers an backstay cables are being removed here, to allow for a new sigle tier stand. It is a bit of a structutal feat, but probably too complex to cover in one post. We have been at it for pages now, probably the most simplistic version of it is on page 997, if of interest.

Last edited:
I absolutely love The Etihad- always have.

It reminds me of the Olympic Stadium in Munich.

Not everyone’s cup of tea , but that is what architecture should do , split opinion.

The excavation to reveal the sub bowl was literally ground breaking and unprecedented.
Very similar to the Olympic stadium in Sydney Australia

Sydney, Olympic Stadium
Venues of the 2000 Summer Olympics - Wikipedia

I wonder if they will produce a 3-D North Stand extension add-on for the 3-D Stadium Puzzle that my sister sent me last Christmas.

That would be clever, and still sell both separately. With the bonus game of kerplunk the piers yourself!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.