North Stand Expansion

Make the seats as padded as possible, this is an incredible and magnificent investment by the club.

The more people that come to our stadium and support our club the better, more revenue, more exposure and more great players and coaches arrive at the club.

Think of the footfall and revenue (but not the traffic for now ;-) ) there could be 61,000 there for a city match spending in the fan zone, stadium and arena bars in the afternoon and 23,500 in the arena for a gig at night all spending in the bars and fan zone?! Money machine!

I live so far away and my health isn’t good these day so I am not really qualified to comment on the various requirements of various sections of the audience regarding the new expansion. But I do wish there was a bit more positivity regarding this investment and all the others that City’s owners have made since the takeover. Back in the Swales and Lee eras, City could easily have done a Bury or Derby County, so please appreciate the good times.
There's plenty of positivity over the entire project, unfortunately we have the usual suspects that seem to firmly believe that the club are out to personally disappoint them. It's very peculiar behaviour as far as I'm concerned. Just be patient and see what gets delivered, no amount of whinging on here will change it for sure.

I can understand you misgivings and would be a lost opportunity but think about the lay out of this new end. Why didn’t City build it has a three tier stand in the first place?. My personal thinking it’s two tier for a reason and that’s to get at least 6000 people of similar age who want to roar.
The South Stand expansion was only a third tier due to the space available between the stadium and the road. It's actually a much more straightforward development to have two tiers in the North Stand. It also means there is more space internally AND it lends to a better atmosphere (Fans not separated).

Suppose that's why it would be well disclaimed that flags may block your view in particular parts of the stand.

If you're given notice before buying your ST or match ticket that this is a reserved block for this activity they could advise to stand in the next block along where your view won't be impeded
Far too much common sense here.

Just going to leave this here, for a sense of perspective/proportion.

1000019751.jpg

The new single tier stand will have 9518 seats (circa 8000 'additional').

Of that, 648 'premium' seats, (shown in yellow) with access to a joe's style bar. Padding or not, the seats are the same size and spacing as all the rest. They are not boxed off, grouped or isolated from the rest. That's 7% of the tier, once you exclude the dedicated hospitality above (shown in green). This area is a 'true' hospitality offering. In the sense it is separated from the rest, has its own access and lifts, its own booths and bars and vip zones. But this is only 5% of the new stand, and way up away from the main portion.

And that's excluding the 3000 odd seats of tier 1.

Sorry guys, but I'm not buying it that the club investing into such a big new stand, with only a 5% hospitality offering and a further 7% premium offering (12% total) are after pure revenue at the expense of the atmosphere. It just doesn't compute.

Various assumptions about the premium seating, but even if they are utterly silent posh folk with arms folded all 78 minutes of a match, circa 9000 fans all around those 648 seats (12000 including tier 1) should easily 'out-noise' them and create a great atmosphere.

Last edited:
For those worried about GA+ in the first 2 rows all i can say is that i really wouldn't be. I currently sit in the commonwealth at the back of 105 1st tier.... this is what id call GA+ as we get a padded seat and a lounge. It is full of fans like myself who are 40/50 something that have been going for years....
The atmosphere in 105 is identical to anywhere else in the east stand and not full of of tourists ( there is a the odd one though ).

The choice of hospitality is that huge now that i reckon anyone wanting to enjoy it in the new North Stand will be the kind of fan that likes a good sing and not your tunnel club sort !!!

The South Stand expansion was only a third tier due to the space available between the stadium and the road. It's actually a much more straightforward development to have two tiers in the North Stand. It also means there is more space internally AND it lends to a better atmosphere (Fans not separated).

That's not true. The space is the same, for the stands themselves. Excluding the bolt-on hotel and office.

It is down to a different structural engineer and design team, and probably the club learning from the south stand and being determined to do a single tier stand no matter the cost and complexity. And there is nothing simple about doing a single tier stand, to this stadium's structure, something for years argued impossible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.