North Stand Expansion

Tbf, the removal of the roof supports and transfer of the cables to the towers at the north stand end is much more complex and costly than anything involved with the south stand.

There is that. The space available is the same on both sides, because the whole stadium is surrounded by a wide ring path, and both stands sit within that ring. That's before you get anywhere near the road. The 'main' face of the north stand does actually sit 3m back from the main face of the south stand. But the outermost point of the south stand is further back to the ring than the furthest rear face of the north, so it really isn't a space thing.

There is that. The space available the same on both sides, because the whole stadium is surrounded by a wide ring path, and both stands sit within that ring. That's before you get anywhere near the road. It the. The 'main' face of the north stand does actually sit 3m back from the main face of the south stand. But the outermost point of the south stand is further back to the ring than the furthest rear face of the north, so it really isn't a space thing.

Although the terracing might not be too different in terms of space, the towers do take up quite a bit of extra room.

IMG_6591.png

Not in three dimensions. Not in comparison to the old cable supports, which are in the same location as the towers.

Those supports at the south stand end are housed inside the stand with the top section coming out through a hole way higher than human height.

The towers at the north stand end don’t even start until the end top point of the supports which is where the cables now attach to the towers.

IMG_0678.jpeg

Those supports at the south stand end are housed inside the stand with the top section coming out through a hole way higher than human height.

The towers at the north stand end don’t even start until the end top point of the supports which is where the cables now attach to the towers.

View attachment 124259

I am talking about the existing supports and the backstays. They sit further back than the towers of the north stand, at ground level. And within the ring path. Both stands are built within this, as the outer most edge.

I am talking about the existing supports and the backstays. They sit further back than the towers of the north stand, at ground level. And within the ring path. Both stands are built within this, as the outer most edge.

Me too.

The towers take up room behind where the original backstays are (south)/were (north).

Look at the image I posted of the south stand. The towers at the north stand end don’t actually start until the end point of the original backstays.

Therefore if the north stand design was implemented at the south stand end, the towers would cover the path between stand and fence.

Me too.

The towers take up room behind where the original backstays are (south)/were (north).

Look at the image I posted of the south stand. The towers at the north stand end don’t actually start until the end point of the original backstays.

Therefore if the north stand design was implemented at the south stand end, the towers would cover the path between stand and fence.

I'll overlay it at lunchtime and show you what I mean.

Of course.

But the towers do take extra room up which would block the path at the south stand end. That’s indisputable.

Only if you are assuming that exact same format. You can see it in your blue/black overlay, the tower line is the black line that sits within the backstay cable extent.

It is also indisputable the space is the same, given the existing structure is symmetrical, and the towers sit within the extent of the structure.

Only if you are assuming that exact same format. You can see it in your blue/black overlay, the tower line is the black line that sits within the backstay cable extent.

It is also indisputable the space is the same, given the existing structure is symmetrical, and the towers sit within the extent of the structure.

The tower starts here. The clamp is in red.

IMG_0680.jpeg

We can see that the north stand design would not be possible at the south stand end due to a lack of space for the towers.

Attachments

• IMG_0679.jpeg
    IMG_0679.jpeg
    197.2 KB · Views: 16

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.