North Stand Expansion

Trying to fit hospitality, premium seats, standard seats and safe standing into this one tier is going would result in an absolute dogs dinner.

I don’t think the club is going to give the fans what they want. A proper ‘City end’ that can be turned into a huge blue wall made up of safe standing, banners, cheaper tickets and the like.

The prospect of this enlarged 2nd tier, as opposed to a 3rd tier, really made fans take notice of the possibilities since there’s not been terracing like this in the stadium before. The size of it makes one think of the kop, yellow wall or even the Kippax, where thousands can gather in one large area rather than be spread thin over multiple tiers.

If the club chose not to go with the ‘City end’ / ‘blue wall’ environment, I’d be absolutely confused as to why they wanted to develop an enlarged 2nd tier in the first place. If they want to put hospitality at the front and the middle then I think a 3rd tier expansion would have been the best approach. The 2nd tier could have had a hospitality section in the middle like the South Stand and the front rows could have been 93:20 style offerings as well. No one would really have batted an eyelid - apart from those already sat there of course…!

I agree.

I honestly don't see how City can shoehorn every type of fan and their match day requirements on to NSL2.

It will be like having SSL1, the 115 singing section, and fans standing, normal priced seats for fans who want to sit and watch the match in quiet, and hospitality like the Ardwick all on SSL3. Then add a youth block, etc. The only way the club can do that is by carving up NSL2 for specific fan requirements. That is only going to cause conflict across NSL2 with groups of fans complaining about each other.

I agree.

I honestly don't see how City can shoehorn every type of fan and their match day requirements on to NSL2.

It will be like having SSL1, the 115 singing section, and fans standing, normal priced seats for fans who want to sit and watch the match, and hospitality like the Ardwick all on SSL3. Then add a youth block, etc. The only way the club can do that is by carving up NSL2 for specific fan requirements. That is only going to cause conflict across NSL2 with groups of fans complaining about each other.

Don't forget ambulant users as well ;).

I kid, I kid. I think you are overcomplicating it though. At the end of the day, it is 8000 new spaces. 8% of them allegedly with padding and a slightly more direct access to a bar, 5% proper hospitality up in the heavens, boxes booths the lot.

But if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Won't be the last time.

Don't forget ambulant users as well ;).

I kid, I kid. I think you are overcomplicating it though. At the end of the day, it is 8000 new spaces. 8% of them allegedly with padding and a slightly more direct access to a bar, 5% proper hospitality up in the heavens, boxes booths the lot.

But if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Won't be the last time.

It's not complaining. I'm discussing what could happen. Obviously there are numerous scenarios that will play out before the club makes it's final decisions on the NSL2 layout.

Hypothetical I know.

Putting fans who want to stand, wave flags and sing at the back of NSL2, which has been mentioned. I don't think the people who have booked premium hotel rooms with a balcony at the back of NSL2 will be happy about that. :-(

I will never forget about our ambulant fans. They are a very important part of our match day going fan base and deserve their own seating area. :-)

Last edited:
I live so far away and my health isn’t good these day so I am not really qualified to comment on the various requirements of various sections of the audience regarding the new expansion. But I do wish there was a bit more positivity regarding this investment and all the others that City’s owners have made since the takeover. Back in the Swales and Lee eras, City could easily have done a Bury or Derby County, so please appreciate the good times.

I live so far away and my health isn’t good these day so I am not really qualified to comment on the various requirements of various sections of the audience regarding the new expansion. But I do wish there was a bit more positivity regarding this investment and all the others that City’s owners have made since the takeover. Back in the Swales and Lee eras, City could easily have done a Bury or Derby County, so please appreciate the good times.

We do mate.

We're just discussing every possible scenario that NSL2 could throw up.

We all want the new North stand to work, to be successful, and to be a home end for City fans.

Trying to fit hospitality, premium seats, standard seats and safe standing into this one tier is going would result in an absolute dogs dinner.

I don’t think the club is going to give the fans what they want. A proper ‘City end’ that can be turned into a huge blue wall made up of safe standing, banners, cheaper tickets and the like.

The prospect of this enlarged 2nd tier, as opposed to a 3rd tier, really made fans take notice of the possibilities since there’s not been terracing like this in the stadium before. The size of it makes one think of the kop, yellow wall or even the Kippax, where thousands can gather in one large area rather than be spread thin over multiple tiers.

If the club chose not to go with the ‘City end’ / ‘blue wall’ environment, I’d be absolutely confused as to why they wanted to develop an enlarged 2nd tier in the first place. If they want to put hospitality at the front and the middle then I think a 3rd tier expansion would have been the best approach. The 2nd tier could have had a hospitality section in the middle like the South Stand and the front rows could have been 93:20 style offerings as well. No one would really have batted an eyelid - apart from those already sat there of course…!
Well said

Agreed! Been an absolute dream and now building something truly special alongside a new indoor supper arena as well? Brought us Pep and more trophies then we could ever have dreamed off…….. But it’s not enough, I WANT MORE!! ;-)

It's not complaining. I'm discussing what could happen. Obviously there are numerous scenarios that will play out before the club makes it's final decisions on the NSL2 layout.

Hypothetical I know.

Putting fans who want to stand, wave flags* and sing at the back of NSL2, which has been mentioned. I don't think the people who have booked premium hotel rooms with a balcony at the back of NSL2 will be happy about that. :-(

I will never forget about our ambulant fans. They are a very important part of our match day going fan base and deserve their own seating area. :-)
*I go to watch a football game, love a bit of singing, a bit of banter with the away fans but any **** who waves a flag in front of me for the best part of a game can fuck right off, I've paid good money to watch The Champions and I don't need some tosser blocking my view... Apart from that I totally agree.

Maybe keep the GA+ as some sort of premium safe standing, call it Club Kippax or something and have a priority window for existing ST holders that might want to join, and call the private bar intended for it 'Helens' or something.

If it's a proper home end they go for and still want some sort of premium seating in there this could be the best approach as well as paying homage to the Maine Road days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.