North Stand Expansion

Just going to leave this here, for a sense of perspective/proportion.

View attachment 124248

The new single tier stand will have 9518 seats (circa 8000 'additional').

Of that, 648 'premium' seats, (shown in yellow) with access to a joe's style bar. Padding or not, the seats are the same size and spacing as all the rest. They are not boxed off, grouped or isolated from the rest. That's 7% of the tier, once you exclude the dedicated hospitality above (shown in green). This area is a 'true' hospitality offering. In the sense it is separated from the rest, has its own access and lifts, its own booths and bars and vip zones. But this is only 5% of the new stand, and way up away from the main portion.

And that's excluding the 3000 odd seats of tier 1.

Sorry guys, but I'm not buying it that the club investing into such a big new stand, with only a 5% hospitality offering and a further 7% premium offering (12% total) are after pure revenue at the expense of the atmosphere. It just doesn't compute.

Various assumptions about the premium seating, but even if they are utterly silent posh folk with arms folded all 78 minutes of a match, circa 9000 fans all around those 648 seats (12000 including tier 1) should easily 'out-noise' them and create a great atmosphere.
Looks great - I am wondering if my family can relocate from Joe's East to that stand

The tower starts here. The clamp is in red.

View attachment 124266

We can see that the north stand design would not be possible at the south stand end due to a lack of space for the towers.

Those images you posted show that it would though. Agree with your location of the towers. You can see they sit within the ring. Yes they are closer to he road, but still within the space around the stadium.

While it is interesting though, I feel we are derailing the thread somewhat.

There’s space to build it of course but I think the lack of space for fan movement would be an issue. Maybe that’s the bit I didn’t make clear.

I see what you are saying. It would be well reduced, no doubt. But only if assuming that exact same format. I was really just pointing out the space was symmetrical.

There’s space to build it of course but I think the lack of space for fan movement would be an issue. Maybe that’s the bit I didn’t make clear.

They could have got rid of those empty spaces at the back of the stand(One is now a bar in fairness in SSL1) and had an underpass so no room was really lost walkway wise

Off topic.

Hope posters don’t mind?

Inside Everton’s new stadium, which briefly shows the new single tier home end at pitch level.

I’ll post the video in the Stadium Developments thread as well.

wow really come along since I was down , I walked down from the centre and my first thought was it is quite a way down and the paths leading up to it will need to be re done . there is a bridge that you crossover the water and the wood on that is very rotten in places I can imagine on a busy match day that would not be good .
do we know when its due to open ? I was thinking for upcoming season but looking at that it looks more next season `?

wow really come along since I was down , I walked down from the centre and my first thought was it is quite a way down and the paths leading up to it will need to be re done . there is a bridge that you crossover the water and the wood on that is very rotten in places I can imagine on a busy match day that would not be good .
do we know when its due to open ? I was thinking for upcoming season but looking at that it looks more next season `?

Should be finished by late this year / very early next year but they’ve said that despite this they won’t move in until August 2025.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.