North Stand Expansion

The Kippax used to be quite for long period of time but people look back and don't remember. It's like the long summer holidays when you were a kid it never rained
So true. For most of the 1980s the Kippax atmosphere was poor. To be fair that was the same as most other English grounds. The game was on its knees but we choose only to remember the nights when the old ground was rocking. I attended my first match at Maine Road in the 1960s and we had plenty of quiet atmospheres at that time as well, even the season we won the league. The glory days of English football are happening now. Last season our away support was truly fantastic, as loud as I can remember, especially the Spurs Cup match, Newcastle, and Fulham. Too many people try to live in the past. I think it is a British trait.

Absolutely this. There have been many games over the years where the Etihad has been absolutely bouncing and the atmosphere superb. It's all about the fans and what they do, not the angle of the roof or whether the singing section is sat by the away fans or not.
Agreed, dependent on the opposition or if there is anything riding on the game.

What would help though is if your ticket does not allocate a seat in the standing area.
Your ticket would be for a block or level. First there first pick on seats.
You will find the noisy ones will congregate together, just like the old days.
Would also encourage fans to take up their position sooner which would build the atmosphere

He's absolutely correct, though. That's no way a representative body should be talking to fellow supporters who simply disagree with their approach
the original post I replied to said

Absolutely spot on, apart from when you say 'fans'* because to me they have an agenda against anything the owners/club try to do.

*Always looking for something to moan about.

So he's saying that I'm not a fan of a club that I've supported my entire life, and that I'm always looking for something to moan about when in reality city fans have plenty to moan about and the only reason I ever moan (which you could reword to campaign) is to help other fans.

He isn't 'simply disagreeing with my approach', he said something personal and got a response.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.