North Stand Expansion

That's exactly the point
Many working class families can't afford to go regularly at £50 each for a ticket on top of £35 membership so they watch it on TV while non City fans rock up for there day out
Against Unit*d in March 2 hours before kick of there were hundreds of "City Fans" with half& half scarves round the ground 90 percent were not even from England but they could afford there day out while local fans struggled to get tickets
That's the reality now
Many on here complain at away games as ordinary City fans are passed over for tickets in preference of the big spenders in corperate hospitality
One time it was a treat going in the hospitality section
Now it a treat going to a game & people wonder why atmosphere is poor at times
There is a balance to be struck between the big spenders & local fans & I don't think City have got it right
I wonder how many local fans sold their tickets to tourists ? - the tickets came from somewhere

Do you honestly think City fans have lots to moan about! Give your head a wobble.
A few examples off the top of my head:

- joining Euro super league
- decade of constant price rises
- platinum tax to double ticket points
- swathes of away tickets given to corporate sponsors
- crap KO times (e.g. Comm shield final vs Arsenal)
- club doing absolutely nothing to back up fans after Istanbul fiasco
- club allowing ‘anyone’ to buy tickets to a UCL semi final regardless of attendance history
- City easily having the worst fan engagement out of premier league clubs
- no independent supporters trust

No one disputes how good we are on the pitch. But city are not comparatively great with our fanbase.

We shouldn’t just be grateful and shut up…
I think it’s our prerogative as the lifeblood of the club to ask for a better deal constantly.

If you can't afford £50 for a ticket you don't go, or you go a couple of times a year, at least nowadays it's on t.v...
What you’re saying is true, our core fan base will be priced out and have to pick/choose games.

But don’t you think that’s sad? Don’t you want longstanding fans to be able to watch the club they love without financial pressure?

Would you still remain happy if the club charged £500 for a ticket and priced essentially all of us out?

Yep, sorry but you can't have it both ways. They're either representing the fans or speaking for themselves.
So let’s get this straight. The poster claimed that 1894 aren’t proper fans and that we have an issue with the club on everything, and just because @Manchester33 called out his post for the bullshit it was and dared ask him if he was a bootlicker you ended up backing the trolling ****. Having a difference of opinion on matters is fine but that post was deliberately wumming and for some inexplicable reason you sided with him. Well done you!

What you’re saying is true, our core fan base will be priced out and have to pick/choose games.

But don’t you think that’s sad? Don’t you want longstanding fans to be able to watch the club they love without financial pressure?

Would you still remain happy if the club charged £500 for a ticket and priced essentially all of us out?
We all want £20 tickets but footballs moved on financial fair play has kicked us in the bollocks, the fans, as clubs can now hide behind that, every penny counts etc etc

A few examples off the top of my head:

- joining Euro super league
- decade of constant price rises
- platinum tax to double ticket points
- swathes of away tickets given to corporate sponsors
- crap KO times (e.g. Comm shield final vs Arsenal)
- club doing absolutely nothing to back up fans after Istanbul fiasco
- club allowing ‘anyone’ to buy tickets to a UCL semi final regardless of attendance history
- City easily having the worst fan engagement out of premier league clubs
- no independent supporters trust

No one disputes how good we are on the pitch. But city are not comparatively great with our fanbase.

We shouldn’t just be grateful and shut up…
I think it’s our prerogative as the lifeblood of the club to ask for a better deal constantly.
I get that, every club needs guys like you asking questions

So let’s get this straight. The poster claimed that 1894 aren’t proper fans and that we have an issue with the club on everything, and just because @Manchester33 called out his post for the bullshit it was and dared ask him if he was a bootlicker you ended up backing the trolling ****. Having a difference of opinion on matters is fine but that post was deliberately wumming and for some inexplicable reason you sided with him. Well done you!
Except that nowhere did they say they weren't 'proper fans' or (as manchester33 said) 'not a fan'. That's just made up bollocks by you and them to try and garner sympathy.

1894 does seem to have a problem with a lot the club does if their Facebook page is anything to go by.

Except that nowhere did they say they weren't 'proper fans' or (as manchester33 said) 'not a fan'. That's just made up bollocks by you and them to try and garner sympathy.

1894 does seem to have a problem with a lot the club does if their Facebook page is anything to go by.
He referred to us as “fans”, not fans. If you can’t see what he was implying then you need to give your head a fucking wobble.

As for the last bit, that’s your opinion but I can tell you now that if it wasn’t for all the campaigning that 1894 have been involved in down the years, you’d be paying more for your season tickets and match day tickets. Not to mention 1894 being one of the main drivers behind the campaign that led to PL away tickets being capped at £30 for the past 8 seasons.

He referred to us as “fans”, not fans. If you can’t see what he was implying then you need to give your head a fucking wobble.

As for the last bit, that’s your opinion but I can tell you now that if it wasn’t for all the campaigning that 1894 have been involved in down the years, you’d be paying more for your season tickets and match day tickets. Not to mention 1894 being one of the main drivers behind the campaign that led to PL away tickets being capped at £30 for the past 8 seasons.
I've no argument with your 2nd paragraph but if that's what you took away from the quote then you're reading far too much into that I can see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.