North Stand Expansion

The club are investing over £300m in some of the best facilities in world football and the tone of this thread at times is embarrassing. When did we become so entitled? I think we should wait until the club makes its plans public and then we can all comment.
I think we become entitled when fans have to pay £35 ,for a membership card
Just to hope they can buy a ticket to a game season ticket holders don't won't to go to .
We might have the best facilities , the best manager & the best players but wot the Fu*king point if locals can't afford to go to a game
Corporate to pay up to £400 for ' ofsite hospitality ' when the local fans couldn't even afford the £50 plus it cost for a match the corporate lot can't be arsed going to
City do so many things right but do so many things wrong

The club, City Matters and 1894 should try to agree on a questionnaire. That in itself would be informative, eg if the club say no point asking if any NSL2 blocks should be allocated to the 18-25 age group because it's never going to happen. Personally, I think that particular idea is way too arbritary. However if a questionnaire is agreed then send it to every ST holder, with incentives to complete, eg 10 random people who respond win a replica shirt. The club could then consider the wishes of the ST holders en masse, if they implement them, then great, if not then at least try to explain why.
And that's the end of it....
I understand your sentiment but you’re assuming that the club is interested in and values SC holders whereas all the evidence is that we’re an economic inconvenience and they could sell our seats for 4x what we pay (and they do if I ever list mine on the exchange). The days of considering views are long gone I’m afraid. We’ve got what we’ve got (and so much of it is fantastic).

Just to hope they can buy a ticket to a game season ticket holders don't won't to go to .
We might have the best facilities , the best manager & the best players but wot the Fu*king point if locals can't afford to go to a game
Corporate to pay up to £400 for ' ofsite hospitality ' when the local fans couldn't even afford the £50 plus it cost for a match the corporate lot can't be arsed going to
If you can't afford £50 for a ticket you don't go, or you go a couple of times a year, at least nowadays it's on t.v...

Bullshit that Don...

The club are not helping the situation at all, by getting people to sign NDAs etc it's a new stand, not the codes to nuclear weapons, a bit of overkill.

The people who work for the club are supposed to represent us the fans, but at the moment they do not seem to be doing that by not telling us the fans what is happening with the North Stand, so this causes friction between fans who love everything that the club does and those who want the club to do more regarding atmosphere and facilities 1894 have done the right thing by bringing to the attention of all fans what the club is doing.

Look at Everton's new stadium all their fans know the names of the new bars and everything all that we know is what is in the planning statement.

There should have been a CGI by now!

Someone said about the noise and stuff happening on the pitch so we can cheer, but with the type of football that city plays with loads of passing there is not a lot to cheer for until someone gets near the goal. The Euros have shown that a European style of fans is needed in the EPL to help create an atmosphere. If there are people who don't like the European style of fan the new North Stand is not for them but there is no point in people shouting down other people because they believe in this approach

This is why the 1894 are right to ask all city fans to speak about the new North Stand not just certain fans with certain views

Well done @Manchester33 for bringing to everyone's attention what the club are doing and saying
"The club are not helping the situation at all, by getting people to sign NDAs etc it's a new stand, not the codes to nuclear weapons, a bit of overkill."

Maybe, just maybe our club again are going to create something groundbreaking and unique and simply don't want the competitors to know what that is.And if not the reaction to rumours of a few hundred corporate seats on here have shown a hysterical reaction and hence the club want to keep quiet until all the details are decided.

Trust the club, we as supporters have done fairly well since the takeover have we not?

If you can't afford £50 for a ticket you don't go, or you go a couple of times a year, at least nowadays it's on t.v...
That's exactly the point
Many working class families can't afford to go regularly at £50 each for a ticket on top of £35 membership so they watch it on TV while non City fans rock up for there day out
Against Unit*d in March 2 hours before kick of there were hundreds of "City Fans" with half& half scarves round the ground 90 percent were not even from England but they could afford there day out while local fans struggled to get tickets
That's the reality now
Many on here complain at away games as ordinary City fans are passed over for tickets in preference of the big spenders in corperate hospitality
One time it was a treat going in the hospitality section
Now it a treat going to a game & people wonder why atmosphere is poor at times
There is a balance to be struck between the big spenders & local fans & I don't think City have got it right

That's exactly the point
Many working class families can't afford to go regularly at £50 each for a ticket on top of £35 membership so they watch it on TV while non City fans rock up for there day out
Against Unit*d in March 2 hours before kick of there were hundreds of "City Fans" with half& half scarves round the ground 90 percent were not even from England but they could afford there day out while local fans struggled to get tickets
That's the reality now
Many on here complain at away games as ordinary City fans are passed over for tickets in preference of the big spenders in corperate hospitality
One time it was a treat going in the hospitality section
Now it a treat going to a game & people wonder why atmosphere is poor at times
There is a balance to be struck between the big spenders & local fans & I don't think City have got it right
You can't have the best players in the world and charge £20 a ticket, plus financial fair play means you can't have cheap tickets.

Bullshit that Don...
It's true though
My niece used to go to City games home & away
She has 2 kids now & can't afford to go herself now never mind take her kids
So they sit at home in City shirts watching the matches on TV ( like thousands of other City fans who can't afford to go
While people fly in from all corners of the globe with there half & half scarves spend a fortune in Super Store then fly out again
City need to support local fans more

You can't have the best players in the world and charge £20 a ticket, plus financial fair play means you can't have cheap tickets.
That's true & that's why thousands of local fans never get to see there team play except on TV & why City fans continue to complain about " tourists" spoiling the atmosphere

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.