North Stand Expansion

It will be interesting to see if the North stand as it is has any impact on the team attacking that end?

Is it just me, or did the team prefer attacking the North stand end in the 2nd half?

The team certainly seemed to score more goals at the North stand end.

It will be interesting to see if the North stand as it is has any impact on the team attacking that end?

Is it just me, or did the team prefer attacking the North stand end in the 2nd half?

True, because it’s a compact end, when redeveloped to it's cavernous size, we'll be ballooning shots all over the shop.

Highlights of progress
- base for the fifth and final crane for the office block is in
- base for the pit of one of the two cores in the office block is underway
- the lift pit and stair core base is in underneath the eastern steel tower cantelever, and a few founds for the steel to come off upwards to meet it
- the frames for the barrier hoarding behind the final row of retained seats of the north stand is in, they'll be looking to board that off before the Ipswich game. As others mentioned earlier the yellow platform bases are gone too.
- some of the temporary roof infil layer is back on, maybe 30% of it.
- steel now ongoing to the side of the eastern tower as well.

That's probably more to do with the fact that over a season the second half generally has more goals than the first half.

Edit - every club in the Premier League scored more in the second half last season

Last edited:

Highlights of progress
- the lift pit and stair core base is in underneath the eastern steel tower cantelever, and a few founds for the steel to come off upwards to meet it
- the frames for the barrier hoarding behind the final row of retained seats of the north stand is in, they'll be looking to board that off before the Ipswich game. As others mentioned earlier the yellow platform bases are gone too.

Slightly off topic but I thought the lighting/signage of the arena was going to be all the way around and not just in the corners? Is this something to come later?

According to the section 106 agreement tied to this development:

'The Owner (MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED) is the registered proprietor with title absolute of the leasehold of part of the Site registered under title numbers GM941964, GM972246, MAN371515 and GM973859 at the Land
Registry.

Eastlands Development Company Limited is the registered proprietor with title absolute of the
leasehold of part of the Site registered under title number MAN226013 at the Land Registry Due
to the nature and location of the land ownership and the extent of the Owner's ownership it has
been agreed with the Council that Eastlands Development Company Limited do not need to be
party to this Agreement

The Council is the owner of the freehold title of the Site including the land affected by the leasehold
title of the Owner but is not entering into the Planning Obligations.

Reads like it is fairly safe that the club are the 'effective' owners of the site.
Correct. Any leasehold title of more than 125 years is regarded as virtual freehold, so long as all covenants are met and rent is not in arrears.

Slightly off topic but I thought the lighting/signage of the arena was going to be all the way around and not just in the corners? Is this something to come later?

It does go all the way around and has been lit up all in blue after several shows late on, however, I’ve got the feeling they only light up the corners most of the time so that it isn’t too distracting to those driving on the main road.

Highlights of progress

Really appreciate the simplicity of your explanations mate it really helps me and I'm sure others obtain a better understanding, thank you, trust me I need this kind of help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.