North Stand Expansion

I think we become entitled when fans have to pay £35 ,for a membership card
Just to hope they can buy a ticket to a game season ticket holders don't won't to go to .
We might have the best facilities , the best manager & the best players but wot the Fu*king point if locals can't afford to go to a game
Corporate to pay up to £400 for ' ofsite hospitality ' when the local fans couldn't even afford the £50 plus it cost for a match the corporate lot can't be arsed going to
City do so many things right but do so many things wrong
Don't you remember when they did everything wrong

Just a few observations on some of the comments on this thread of late.

Is waiting for the club to release a statement on it’s intentions for the NS not too late for fans to oppose/critique what the club say?

Whilst I think the tone of the 1894 statement is confrontational, sometimes you have to be that way to get people to sit up and take notice.

If the club are to be believed that they want to create an atmosphere, surely they have to canvass opinion from ALL stakeholders? Inviting 1894 and City Matters to meetings, then just doing what they wanted to do anyway is just paying lip service to the process. Not that I’m saying that’s what’s happening.

You'd expect that the financials for the new NS2 were done before the project was even signed off. It's highly unlikely / a pipe dream to think that the club will take on the views of many on this thread and the survey 1894 have done to decide that it's all SC holders, SS3 pricing with a new classification of supporter (18-25) having a designated area and then make it all safe standing.

First and foremost, the people who's views should count the most are the ones who are currently in NS2 as it is the designated Family Stand. From what I recall, NS1 was designated as for anyone a few seasons back and it now isn't part of the FS. Do the majority of those current SC holders want to potentially pay more for their current seats, be part of a safe standing singing section or are they to be shipped out anyway? If they are being moved then how will that work?

I agree people might not sing or join in, but having 7,000 fans in one area and stood up would be completely unique and help to create an atmosphere. We’d have a much better chance with that arrangement than what we have now - a few blocks separated by away fans.

The club themselves have built the stand specifically with atmosphere in mind. If it makes no difference we May as well just build a third tier or fill it with corporate seats
But that's what City fans said they wanted when the stadium opened 21 years ago. It was to replicated the North Stand and Kippax being either side of the away fans during the final seasons at Maine Road.

The CL KO games this season were particularly bad for tourists, especially Madrid.
I have no problem with some tourists (not away fans) buying tickets if "loyal" City fans can't be arsed, but I have a major problem with tourists buying tickets if City fans are being priced out, or if City fans aren't being given the chance to buy before the tourists.

I have no problem with some tourists (not away fans) buying tickets if "loyal" City fans can't be arsed, but I have a major problem with tourists buying tickets if City fans are being priced out, or if City fans aren't being given the chance to buy before the tourists.
It isn't the priced out that's the biggest problem, it's the chance to buy. A problem easily solved with a points window.

It always amazes me that we don't sell all our home tickets directly to City fans via the OS considering we must have over 100,000+ fans, guessing, if you combine season ticket holders and citizen card holders.

As many have stated, I was shocked by the amount of Real Madrid fans in the City ends for a CL, SF, 2nd leg. The only way most of those Real Madrid fans could have got tickets in the City ends is from 3rd party ticket touting websites.

I wonder how the new ticket compliance manager is getting on? And what ticket selling changes he and City will roll out in the future?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.