North Stand Expansion

Still a bit to finish on that for the full thing to come together.

First reaction though, changing the louvered panel to a perforated one is a big big upgrade. The horizontal panels are darker and look better than in the visuals. They look the same colour as the perforated, is that how they looked in person? Suppose worth waiting till the caps are on. The shiny metal I think is a backing plate for the brick faced precast to come. Surprised they are not including one of the side panels as the solid verticals, described as fritted in the last NMA. Good photos Jrb, should hopefully be fully assembled within the next couple of weeks.

I'm off work next week.

I'll let them finish the mock cladding off and I'll take some more pictures of it later next week.

It's a bit annoying that it's facing inwards towards the Etihad and not outwards.

Do you think the two main stands will get done one day ? Also saw an article on Facebook recently one of those silly publications. It was called AI of premier league grounds 100 years from. Basically everyone ground was a bowl with wrap. Which is I think what will happen to most one thing I thought tho was do you think we will be able to keep the spirals or at least the points in the air even if they become the inside of the ground and get wrapped I think that would be something different and cool but I cannot describe it or mock it up

Be great if they do with hotels and undercover fans area with shops bars

I'm off work next week.

I'll let them finish the mock cladding off and I'll take some more pictures of it later next week.

It's a bit annoying that it's facing inwards towards the Etihad and not outwards.
Thought this was your job jrb. ;)

We need pictures of where the foundations stood for the old supports and for the piling areas under the towers.

You can see two separate small piling rigs under each tower in most of the recent photos.

I wouldn’t be surprised if in 20-25 years we built a new stadium on the north car park or Asda areas rather than do the sides.
There have been internal discussions re an 85000 seater, roofed stadium on the site of CFA.....the site (without the buildings) is huge.

The Etihad site would, along with the other sports facilities, become the CFA with everything else relocating to part of the Asda site closest to the Velodrome.

These discussions were several years ago and pre expansion,hotel etc so may know be shelved.

However, The Sheikhs ambition for City to be world class in EVERY respect knows no boundaries.

Don't rule anything out !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.