North Stand Expansion

Never seen that in my life and I’ve sat all over the stadium.If I look for it next time am I never going to able to unsee it :)

After the number of pages we have talked about it here, think it will be with you forever regardless.

Or till they expand the east and west sides and move/remove it altogether.

Spent about 4 hours today up and down in a mewp similar to the ones they use at the north stand. At a height of 30-42m. Still trying to shake my sea legs off, kudos to the guys doing it all day every day, fuck that for a laugh.

Appreciate the builders! They deserve all the tea they can get.
I used to use MEWPs regularly when I was working in mobile telecoms. My mate was up at about 20m in a picker basket one day and the hydrolic pipe burst spraying fluid everywhere, my mate shouted "it's tipping over!" Soon as he said that it had (basket) almost hit the ground. Lucky for him he jumped out onto grass about 10 ft off the deck. Lucky for me I heard him shout as I was earthing some cables directly under the gantry it crashed into. I was OK but my mate was still shaking like a shitting dog. Picker driver said he'd fixed the hydrolic tubing and added new fluid. Asked my mate if he was OK to go back up, the daft twat. Was a near miss incident and no one was allowed to lift a tool after that nevermind go back up in a picker basket.

I used to use MEWPs regularly when I was working in mobile telecoms. My mate was up at about 20m in a picker basket one day and the hydrolic pipe burst spraying fluid everywhere, my mate shouted "it's tipping over!" Soon as he said that it had (basket) almost hit the ground. Lucky for him he jumped out onto grass about 10 ft off the deck. Lucky for me I heard him shout as I was earthing some cables directly under the gantry it crashed into. I was OK but my mate was still shaking like a shitting dog. Picker driver said he'd fixed the hydrolic tubing and added new fluid. Asked my mate if he was OK to go back up, the daft twat. Was a near miss incident and no one was allowed to lift a tool after that nevermind go back up in a picker basket.
I went on a 4 day MEWP course, the only thing I came out of it with was a desire never to go up in one again, and I've managed that and now my license has expired, thank fuck

Reactions: nmc
At the Etihad now.

More of the cladding is on. It's not finished yet, but there's enough cladding on and glass in to give a good idea what the exterior of the stand is going to look like. I'll post the pictures when I get home.
Hi JRB

Forgive me but is the cladding sample not for the hotel rather than the stand itself ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.