North Stand Expansion

image-3309110367-e1689157052157.jpg

North Stand and Platt Lane with an extra tier.

You can see from the Platt Lane how it still has the two rows of boxes and the same exits.

Not sure how realistic this all was to be honest... probably not much!o
The above wasn't Franny's plan Im refering to this

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-07 at 10.29.10.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-07 at 10.29.10.png
    596.4 KB · Views: 112
image-3309110367-e1689157052157.jpg

North Stand and Platt Lane with an extra tier.

You can see from the Platt Lane how it still has the two rows of boxes and the same exits.

Not sure how realistic this all was to be honest... probably not much!
I do remember opening my programme one game and being agog at the centre pages illustration of what the new MR could look like.
I think Swales dined out on that for a while but looking back was clearly BS.

Can't put an exact time frame on it now but well before Franny Lee I think. Maybe mid 80s.

I do remember opening my programme one game and being agog at the centre pages illustration of what the new MR could look like.

Can't put an exact time frame on it now but well before Franny Lee I think. Maybe mid 80s.
I had my copy of that poster signed by Rosler in the stadium, he was injured and I was sat near him. It was probably 94 or 95.

Wasnt swales plan to have the kippax roof to mirror the main stand roof and just stick seats on the existing terracing ?

Wasnt swales plan to have the kippax roof to mirror the main stand roof and just stick seats on the existing terracing ?
Infairness that would have probably looked better than the pile of shite we got, I'm sure I read somewhere the low cross beam under the main stand roof was originally designed to hold exec boxes but we ran out of dosh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.