North Stand Expansion

I think we’re both giving it break so there’s more of a visible change.

Not that I’m saying CP Overview needs to do that because his drone videos are always compulsive viewing.
Seems fair enough to me, I was just thinking whether the beams which were red and thought to be temporary had been removed.

Not sure if this has been asked in the past but can someone explain to me how the investment in the stadium works. To my understanding the stadium is essentially owned by the council but the owners are spending £300m extending and improving it. Does that £300m then equate to some kind of part or full ownership or is it essentially like doing renovations on a rented house? I know we’ve got something like a 250 year lease on the stadium so we’re pretty secure in it but just wondered as it’s a topic that seems to come up from those rag twats a lot

Not sure if this has been asked in the past but can someone explain to me how the investment in the stadium works. To my understanding the stadium is essentially owned by the council but the owners are spending £300m extending and improving it. Does that £300m then equate to some kind of part or full ownership or is it essentially like doing renovations on a rented house? I know we’ve got something like a 250 year lease on the stadium so we’re pretty secure in it but just wondered as it’s a topic that seems to come up from those rag twats a lot

According to the section 106 agreement tied to this development:

'The Owner (MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED) is the registered proprietor with title absolute of the leasehold of part of the Site registered under title numbers GM941964, GM972246, MAN371515 and GM973859 at the Land
Registry.

Eastlands Development Company Limited is the registered proprietor with title absolute of the
leasehold of part of the Site registered under title number MAN226013 at the Land Registry Due
to the nature and location of the land ownership and the extent of the Owner's ownership it has
been agreed with the Council that Eastlands Development Company Limited do not need to be
party to this Agreement

The Council is the owner of the freehold title of the Site including the land affected by the leasehold
title of the Owner but is not entering into the Planning Obligations.

Reads like it is fairly safe that the club are the 'effective' owners of the site.

Last edited:
2fe6f65f5be6c4888433cf081997e08c.jpg

Looks as though the yellow rolling platforms have been removed. Also, the new supports seem to have had cross bracing added.

Photo found on LinkedIn

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.