North Stand Expansion

I’ve enlarged the picture on my iPad and screen grabbed it. Click on it and download it, arrow pointing downwards, top right, to see the full size vertical screen grabbed picture on Postimage. If you have an iPad you can stretch the picture more with your fingers. Not sure about other makes of tablet devices.

Looks like they couldn’t be bothered with the brickwork on the mock-up.

41-E7-A96-C-A336-4-A86-99-D5-F7-C1-D6480-EFD.png

D96-BEB5-B-0756-43-F1-ADB6-065-E78-ED54-EB.jpg

You can see how the individual fins align on the exterior cladding of the hotel in the diagram below.
C5-C5-FE60-D9-C5-4-E48-976-B-CA237-FF13-A1-A.jpg

According to the amended PA the hotel fins are (white coated?) Aluminium. 5 descriptions down on the right, along with an arrow pointing to the fin.

9-A9-F28-ED-94-F8-4-E1-B-B898-3-D8-B418-DCAF8.jpg

If anyone else wants to dig through the North stand redevelopment PA’s, including amendments, the link is below.

Last edited:
Foster was a long distance runner 5k & 10k.
Ovett, Coe & Cram were middle distance runners and ran 800 & 1500m. Cram came to prominence towards the end of the careers of Ovett & Coe
Correct. IIRC Coe & Ovett ran their last olympics in LA 1984. Cram was the successor to them both, and I think Peter Elliott??? also came on the scene.

I’ve enlarged the picture on my iPad and screen grabbed it. Click on it and download it, arrow pointing downwards, top right, to see the full size vertical screen grabbed picture on Postimage. If you have an iPad you can stretch the picture more with your fingers. Not sure about other makes of tablet devices.

Looks like they couldn’t be bothered with the brickwork on the mock-up.

41-E7-A96-C-A336-4-A86-99-D5-F7-C1-D6480-EFD.png

D96-BEB5-B-0756-43-F1-ADB6-065-E78-ED54-EB.jpg

You can see how the individual fins align on the exterior cladding of the hotel in the diagram below.
C5-C5-FE60-D9-C5-4-E48-976-B-CA237-FF13-A1-A.jpg

According to the amended PA the hotel fins are (white coated?) Aluminium. 5 descriptions down on the right, along with an arrow pointing to the fin.

9-A9-F28-ED-94-F8-4-E1-B-B898-3-D8-B418-DCAF8.jpg

If anyone else wants to dig through the North stand redevelopment PA’s, including amendments, the link is below.

Looks like they didn’t bother with the different sized fins either, unless your photos are an optical illusion.

Looks like they didn’t bother with the different sized fins either, unless your photos are an optical illusion.

You are right. But don't really think that would have told us much more if they had done.

I mostly get what they are trying to do, I don't get why they didn't try colour match the frame to the panels. Would have hidden a multitude of sins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.