North Stand Expansion

More amendments.

Click on the link below and go to the cover letter for more details.

North Stand, Etihad Stadium - Application for Non-Material Amendments to Planning Permission 136763/FO/2023 (as amended by 138417/NMC/2023, 139992/NMC/2024 and 140444/NMC/2024)

Please find enclosed an application under Section 96(a) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended) in order to make a Non-Material Amendments (“NMA”) to Planning Permission Ref.136763/FO/2023 (as amended by 138417/NMC/2023, 139992/NMC/2024 and 140444/NMC/2024) to
introduce a series of amendments to the consented scheme (“the Application”).

View attachment 128281

Looked through this now, to simplify this for those that don't fancy it, they are amending 5 things.

1. They are replacing a floor of office space in the commercial building, with an extra floor of retail. There is a lot in the wording that might confuse a fairly simple change, but that is the bottom line net result of it. They are also introducing thee additional voids in the floor plates, at the kink of the claw part, and adjacent to the circulation core. Doubt sisk will thank them for that this late in the game, probably explains why they waited so long to start on this side of the site though.

2. The louvered panels, which were conditioned, have been replaced with a perforated panel. At the Planners request, might I add, so @supercity88, they do care!

I commented on this when they first appeared on the mock-up, and thought it was a big improvement on what was submitted (for those that think I am being overly negative about the mock-up). They nailed it with that imo, pity they then shat the bed with the sails though. But if the planners' feedback that made them change these panels is anything to go by, there is hope yet.

It is noted as 'bespoke honeycomb design of perforation, inspired by the Manchester worker bee heritage', for anyone that likes a bit of glibber.

3. They are replacing the 3 LED screens within the City Square zone (above the stage) with one larger screen, and more of the same panel cladding material as the rest. For clarity, these are not the three screens at the end of the claws, these are the ones within the square itself, underneath the etfe roof.

4. Staff terrace on the first floor of the hotel. This space already exists, no real physical change, other than some additional railings to close it off and secure it, which will be added to condition covering materials and discharged through that.

5. Changes to landscaping to line up with developed drainage design, larger sprinkler tank, and 'feature drainage chutes' within the City Square.

Not bothered with image crops or comparisons, don't think any of it is exciting enough for that, word descriptions cover it imo.

Last edited:
cpoverview out again this morning (included a crop of himself in piloting pose too)

From his video you can see the back row of seats being boarded off for first home AND I think covering the gap in the roof over the family stand concourse

View attachment 128316

I could be wrong, but I don't think they will be covering any more roof than they have now btw. Looks like where they have added profiled sheets up to, lines up with the gap behind the hoarding below. Goven how close it is to the season starting, and how little activity there is up there, it looks like they will accept that covers just about enough and accept it as is. @bluesmith, welcome to correct me here.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they will be covering any more roof than they have now btw. Looks like where they have added profiled sheets up to, lines up with the gap behind the hoarding below. Goven how close it is to the season starting, and how little activity there is up there, it looks like they will accept that covers just about enough and accept it as is. @bluesmith, welcome to correct me here.

I wonder why they’ve only removed every other roof panel. They did all the back part when they did the south stand.

@DiscoSteve , I've seen you ask this a few times here and on SSC, re the old large drainage chute.

The proposals are for this to be replaced with similar chutes either side of the new stand projection. There are also 2 similar ones within the square for the erfe roof. Circled in red below in various locations.

As for the current temporary set-up, can't see anything in place in fairness, there is either a temporary solution we can't see in the drone videos, or possibly they are just accepting they live with it during the works.

1000022622.jpg

Last edited:
If I remember rightly they built the new roof first then removed the old one.

They removed the back part to build the new roof, did they not? And then removed the rest. Can't remember now. They will do that here though, the back will be removed and the front kept till the new roof is in place. Then it will be removed. The temporary props below are currently not really doing anything as the roof is still supported by the cables, but once they remove that part of it (note they will leave the ring cable itself in place), then they will become 'live'.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.