North Stand Expansion

I think it would be held up a bit higher than that in reality. I don't think that's a 100% reflection of how it would be positioned.
IMHO thats where I think there could be a problem because the ugly ironwork supporting the roof corners impinges on the space needed to raise the screens as you suggest

IMHO thats where I think there could be a problem because the ugly ironwork supporting the roof corners impinges on the space needed to raise the screens as you suggest
I know I'm going to make it sound simpler than it probably is, but they just need to have them supported higher and angled slightly down. The screens at the North end of the ground aren't angled at all and the sketch above reflects that to any potential South end ones.

The issue is whether the existing colums could support the weight of the screen or whether extra support would need to be added behind the screens for us to do anything there.

I look at Spurs stadium as an example of how we should have ours at that end of the ground. Our biggest issue is the sightlines for those in SS3 to an angled screen wouldn't be fantastic because there would be people in that tier higher up than the top of the screen would sit
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F4d980290-4e71-11e9-a36a-59bc188de8ad.jpg

I know I'm going to make it sound simpler than it probably is, but they just need to have them supported higher and angled slightly down. The screens at the North end of the ground aren't angled at all and the sketch above reflects that to any potential South end ones.

The issue is whether the existing colums could support the weight of the screen or whether extra support would need to be added behind the screens for us to do anything there.

I look at Spurs stadium as an example of how we should have ours at that end of the ground. Our biggest issue is the sightlines for those in SS3 to an angled screen wouldn't be fantastic because there would be people in that tier higher up than the top of the screen would sit
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F4d980290-4e71-11e9-a36a-59bc188de8ad.jpg

You say similar I think but the temp corner roofs aren’t strong enough to support them so they’d need to build some sort of supporting structure for the screens around the existing corner roof supports.

You say similar I think but the temp corner roofs aren’t strong enough to support them so they’d need to build some sort of supporting structure for the screens around the existing corner roof supports.
Why don't simply plagiarise what scruffy cat weasel Jim, the petrochemical tax dodger, does at the swamp of StretSal...he's got all the guys on the case.

**** !!

@Alex - City Matters @Manchester33

Any news on the South Stand corners getting video screens?

They always get included in design docs:

View attachment 128377
I’m not 100% sure but I vaguely remember this being discussed years ago. Think the original plan was to use the two North Stand Screens in the south stand when the NS was expanded. That was well before the designs for the north stand were released though.

I’d be pretty shocked if we didn’t install some screens in the south stand corners.

I found another couple of schematics of those two screens which might give us a clue as to what they're going to do - both from sightline mockups from the back of new North Stand
sightlines-from-tv-studio.png

sightlines-from-top-seats.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.