North Stand Expansion

Is walking on the ground under a building classed as a bridge? :)

For me the bridge there is if you’re inside the building walking from hotel to stand and vice versa.

I would agree but I am sure that's what I have read them call the upper floors that link the hotel and office to the stand.

Edit, just reread your post, I thinknwe are talking different bits, but never mind, the joke has gone.

A better view of the overall size and shape the newly expanded 2nd tier will have now that the end sections are both in place.

View attachment 128317
At first glance it appears that the new steel work at both ends of the main structure look like they aren’t in line (seating wise) to the existing stand but noticed a lower cross brace is at the right angle to it.

At first glance it appears that the new steel work at both ends of the main structure look like they aren’t in line (seating wise) to the existing stand but noticed a lower cross brace is at the right angle to it.

Yeah the whole thing tapers out, then will taper back in, which we won't see for some time yet. If we are taking about the same bit, the very outer ends.

It'd be interesting to know as those corners currently contain some extra seats built on scaffolding - presumably they will be lost - apologies for the crap zoomed view I captured on the last day of the season! I also note on that graphic the 'new screens' look like they are situated slightly lower than the existing screens - would that be because the ironwork in the South Stand corners are a little bit in the way for any new screens?
no-screen-corner.png

It'd be interesting to know as those corners currently contain some extra seats built on scaffolding - presumably they will be lost - apologies for the crap zoomed view I captured on the last day of the season! I also note on that graphic the 'new screens' look like they are situated slightly lower than the existing screens - would that be because the ironwork in the South Stand corners are a little bit in the way for any new screens?
View attachment 128379
I think the view would be ok from the mini seating platforms they've built at the bottom. It would be the platform above where the views would be lost.

View attachment 128379

I wonder could they composite clad or similar the corners in to cover the hideous steel work? I know its how it had to be done but visually looks terrible!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.