North Stand Expansion

Villa ??? Most fickle fans in the country
That’s part of my point really.

How can the biggest club in the second most populated region in the country only get 40,000? Villa should be getting some of the best attendances in the country. And if not Villa what are the other Midlands clubs doing?

How can Leeds, the only big football team in their city, only get 35,000? When you look at their population and the only other football clubs are Guisely and Farsley in their entire conurbation, they’re also the biggest club in their wider region… Leeds should be getting some of the best attendances in the country.

We’re doing something wrong in this country. Top attendances were better 60-100 years ago than they are now.

How can the biggest club in the second most populated region in the country only get 40,000? Villa should be getting some of the best attendances in the country. And if not Villa what are the other Midlands clubs doing?

How can Leeds, the only big football team in their city, only get 35,000? When you look at their population and the only other football clubs are Guisely and Farsley in their entire conurbation, they’re also the biggest club in their wider region… Leeds should be getting some of the best attendances in the country.

We’re doing something wrong in this country. Top attendances were better 60-100 years ago than they are now.
Then there were terraces, no seats

Matches at this level are more of a closed shop compared to back then.

- More expensive tickets (hundreds of times above inflation).

- All ticket / No pay at the gate

Back then people would just decide to go on the fly and turn up.

Last edited:
Indeed - if I could be arsed finding it in my photo vault I'd post the 2016 FA Cup game.
We sold out - the total attendance approx 24k
It seemed like 50% of the attendance at the start were Blues....at 80 minutes it was 90% !!

Vanilla have less fans than Brum...how embarrassing !!

I understand loyal and local City fans discussing and disputing the various issues around the expansion. For me I find the brilliant fly over drone videos compelling, can we have just one more before the Ipswich game? I imagine a lot of work will be done this week to screen off the seating from the building work
Will be one on later tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.