North Stand Expansion

The new Everton stadium has some great floor work being done. Would love to see that kind of finish at the new City Square and all the way down Joe Mercer Way.
The flooring is supposed to replicate flowing water. Does make it look like the stadium is in Siberia from a distance. It is nice though and you’re right, we need something like that around the ground. Christ, we can afford it and arguably Everton can’t.

The new Everton stadium has some great floor work being done. Would love to see that kind of finish at the new City Square and all the way down Joe Mercer Way.
They’ve got to do something to the floor area around the stadium and JM Way or we will have brand new buildings sat on something that looks like it’s been there 40 years. That and some trees and green areas would set everything off perfectly.

Makes sense to do it last now so will have to wait and see what they come up with but, as it’s not something that will directly make money I do wonder. City like a corner to cut it seems.

They’ve got to do something to the floor area around the stadium and JM Way or we will have brand new buildings sat on something that looks like it’s been there 40 years. That and some trees and green areas would set everything off perfectly.

Makes sense to do it last now so will have to wait and see what they come up with but, as it’s not something that will directly make money I do wonder. City like a corner to cut it seems.

There are plans to plant trees around the Etihad to soften its appearance. The 3 trial pine trees are still growing outside the East stand entrance.

I’ve been looking at mock-ups for years online and on the city centre construction sites. I don’t think I’ve seen such a poor looking one. I appreciate it’s just a mock-up, but as you say, it should be done and finished to a standard like it is part of the stand itself.

As much as I would love to disagree, I have been disappointed with this one.

That brick, the wall ties coming out of it suggest there is another layer to come. Which would make it the inner layer that won't be visible, so maybe that's why they aren't bothered with it being neat.

Why it is at the back/behind the panel not sure yet, maybe they are doubling up with showing another (possibly internal) part elsewhere through the building. At the front of the panel the angle is in place to take front facing brick and piers, so that might be the one that matters. These panels are meant to be precast anyway, mind you.

I think that the sails are pretty poor, that their edges and the horizontal panels are the wrong colour choice. Swapping the two would be a huge improvement.

Last edited:
As much as I would love to disagree, I have been disappointed with this one.

That brick, the wall ties coming out of it suggest there is another layer to come. Which would make it the inner layer that won't be visible, so maybe that's why they aren't bothered with it being neat.

Why it is at the back/behind the panel not sure yet, maybe they are doubling up with showing another (possibly internal) part elsewhere through the building. At the front of the panel the angle is in place to take front facing brick and piers, so that might be the one that matters. These panels are meant to be precast anyway, mind you.

I think that the sails are pretty poor, that their edges and the horizontal panels are the wrong colour choice. Swapping the two would be a huge improvement.
There is no way those bricks are the final finish , the ties prove that and the fact some of the joins are not staggered and that would never happen on a finished wall.

There is no way those bricks are the final finish , the ties prove that and the fact some of the joins are not staggered and that would never happen on a finished wall.

I’ll take some pictures on Saturday before the match.

I’ll have to fight through the crowds of City fans wanting to have a look at the mock-up through the metal gates. :-)

Picture enlarged.

Picture credit High-Fi - SSC - MCR.

IMG_2652.jpeg

Are any bands booked in for the Stadium next Summer?

Only asking because we make some of serious money by having the biggest bands play at the Etihad every summer. (Lets be honest Taylor Swift would have been at the Etihad not Anfield this summer if it wasn't for the building works)!

There is a rumor going round of an Oasis reunion next summer with 10 nights in Manchester. I cant see anyone booked into play next summer at the Ground?

Probably a load of crap but it makes you think? Noel has got his own kit this year and now gets seen at more games than Pete the Badge!

Last edited:
I’ll take some pictures on Saturday before the match.

I’ll have to fight through the crowds of City fans wanting to have a look at the mock-up through the metal gates. :-)

Picture enlarged.

Picture credit High-Fi - SSC - MCR.

View attachment 129093
Can someone please explain to me what the bricks are around the small bit?

On the videos I think the guy said it was a sample to show what the hotel would look like?

Are any bands booked in for the Stadium next Summer?
I doubt it seeing as the neighbouring arena is co owned by the Co-op and CFG. I think they'd rather have big bands playing 2 or 3 nights there than in the stadium where a heavy stage and equipment can damage the pitch. Can't see many gigs(if any) played in the stadium in future but it's up to the club to decide of course.

There are plans to plant trees around the Etihad to soften its appearance. The 3 trial pine trees are still growing outside the East stand entrance.
The new trees near entrance G ? Daft if your caught in a crowd or running away from the ground you have to duck to make sure u don’t hit low branches and I am not even tall

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.