North Stand Expansion

It will have to come a health warning.

Stress, high blood pressure, excitement, depression, heart palpitations, anger, joy, etc.
You've cursed it now, it's going to be an announcement about the paint colour in the toilets.

Another sail/fin comparison.

Sam Mames Stadium. Athletico Bilbao.

I saw the stadium from the outside when I went to Bilbao.

If you ever get the opportunity go to Bilbao, go! :-)

It’s a fantastic city. Plenty to see and do. Very walkable. You’ll enjoy the old town and the numerous Pintxos bars. Bilbao is only 50 minutes away from the fabulous beach resort of San Sebastián.

Anyway. Sorry.

D50B71AB-76C8-4312-9C50-57DD922353FB.jpeg

BC1D8905-7257-4D69-ADCF-B30ECDEB13B2.jpeg

Last edited:
It may not, but it won't be for the reasons you've stated apart from unnecessary & unwarranted GMP objections.

Very little would have to change re access, segregation,security, logistics,transport or H&S.

In fact by making the change, away fans using the Metro could alight at the Asda stop which would reduce the number who 'piss about' around CB stand and in future potentially the fan zone.

Additionally City fans have Arsenal, Wolves,Villa & Spurs etc fans above us without issues.

Finally all away fans would be 'pitch side' which the PL/Sky have been trying to encourage.

Where is your season card ?

I’m aware that there’s been plenty of occasions when fans have been above opposition fans without incident. There’s other occasions when there have been incidents. But it’s an ideal situation in terms of logistics and segregation having one thin strip of away fans over three tiers. So there is zero chance they’ll consider changing it.

I’m in tier 1 of the North Stand, if it’s relevant to anything?

It’s a fantastic city. Plenty to see and do. Very walkable. You’ll enjoy the old town and the numerous Pintxos bars. Bilbao is only 50 minutes away from the fabulous beach resort of San Sebastián.

Anyway. Sorry.

View attachment 130107

View attachment 130108
Was there in 1982…
At the previous San Mamés. Had a great time

Reactions: jrb
I’m aware that there’s been plenty of occasions when fans have been above opposition fans without incident. There’s other occasions when there have been incidents. But it’s an ideal situation in terms of logistics and segregation having one thin strip of away fans over three tiers. So there is zero chance they’ll consider changing it.

I’m in tier 1 of the North Stand, if it’s relevant to anything?
If everything else is status quo,what's the issue with having a horizontal thin strip of fans rather than a vertical one.

I'd suggest that it's safer....remember scouse fans injuring a young girl with a missile thrown from above.

IMO we should be doing everything & anything within the laws in the fans & clubs interest to create two atmospheric home ends....it'll probably be the last chance .

Additionally, all parties could advise away fans using the metro to alight at the quieter Asda stop which is immediately opposite their entrance to the quarantine zone.

That keeps the well away from the CB stand and the coach welcome.....much improved segregation and security.

I'm at a loss to comprehend why any of the authorities should object to a 'holistic' reorganisation unless they are just too bone idle and complacent.

Sa

Anyway. Sorry.

View attachment 130107

View attachment 130108
San Sebastian is a fabulous City with some of the best restaurants, bodegas & bars in Spain.

Anyway. Sorry.

View attachment 130107

View attachment 130108
I’m there today! Athletico just arrived

Anyway. Sorry.

View attachment 130107

View attachment 130108

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.