North Stand Expansion

Certainly looks better than the previous pictures put up.

I would bookmark the post with those photos. because in a year's time when (unless they change it) the same view at the same stage here comes round, the difference in quality will be obvious.

Whatever your thoughts of it as a design, they have absolutely nailed the build of it. The thin flatcap framing, glazed solid panels almost indistinguishable from the clear, the material finish, and seamless forming and connection of their fins.

Compared to the mock-up; facefixings everywhere, multiple unfaced edges, 6 different colours/shades. And those big muckle mullions that look like they are close to 100mm wide, where the fuck are they even getting those supplied from, 1998? One or two of those they could get away with at, all together and at scale though, rough! For the biggest hotel in Manchester, it is really poor, and should be imo doing a lot better.

The protective white wrapping will eventually be taken off all the fins. Along with the glass cladding they will be cleaned. It's going to look superb. It's such a shame the City Hotel fins and cladding is so disappointing.
How do the city ones compare

Screenshot from CPOverview.

It seems those red oxide coated supports we thought may be temporary, have gone.
4dc2b022402e49b05b86d75fb299699f.jpg

Great spot. When was his last video, don't think i've seen one recently.

Edit, found it.

Last edited:
How do the city ones compare
They don't. A few pictures of the fins have been posted previously. I'm not sure which page the pictures are on now. The pictures of the fins will get posted again in the future.

I posted the picture on SSC-MCR.

I've zoomed in on the picture so you can see the fin/panel close up, showing the rivets or screws on the side of the panel/fin. Admittedly the rivets or screws will be hard to see from ground level, if anyone really is interested in the panels and fins that much on a match day, which I doubt?

bad.jpg

Last edited:
Off topic.

I sincerely hope City’s new 3000 capacity indoor fan zone is better than Liverpool’s new indoor fan zone? ;-)

IMG_2814.jpeg

IMG-2813.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.