North Stand Expansion

c3f866face111682f8104e4733510893.jpg

We had red brick for many years at Maine Road. I don’t really have an issue with it. Given the choice I would’ve opted for a blue option though.

Whether you joke or not, that is indeed the claim by Populus.

'A nod to the mancunian industrial heritage' is what they said.

'The use of red bricks is carefully taken into consideration to complete the palette of the City Square. Mimicking the material of Victorian Mancunian docks and warehouse buildings, the brick also adds warmth and emphasises the human scale in and around the city square'

As above, in their own words, it 'softens' the square.

I myself think brick is far better than most cladding products available, coming to ground level for robustness longevity and general experience, wehere that many people would gather. The colour choice aside.

I thought it was a nod back to the old Main Stand at Maine Road as well.

(Covering that brickwork up with crap cladding pretty much typified City in that period!)

One thing you’ll notice about the design is that it’s very neutral. They’ll want people going there on non match days and before concerts at Co-op Live without them feeling they’re in an overly apparent City fanzone area.

My comment wasn't really to do with it being City colours. More that a better colour of brick would have gone better with the overall development itself. Imo. But I think the bigger issue will be the facades above the brick anyway, so going to drop that one.

It would be a lot quicker. I think (can’t remember) that’s how it was done on the South Stand.

Yea not seeing much rebar left poking out, and it would also be easier to manoeuvre around the already installed steel, and not hold up the rest being installed.

My comment wasn't really to do with it being City colours. More that a better colour of brick would have gone better with the overall development itself. Imo. But I think the bigger issue will be the facades above the brick anyway, so going to drop that one.

Yes. Just a general observation more than anything. Half the hotel even covers up the view of the stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.