North Stand Expansion

These are my last pictures of the mockup, brickwork and pointing. I've done them to death.

Saturday.

PXL-20240914-131015983-MP.jpg

PXL-20240914-131105335-MP.jpg

PXL-20240914-131042611-MP.jpg

PXL-20240914-131118232-MP.jpg

These are my last pictures of the mockup, brickwork and pointing. I've done them to death.

Saturday.

PXL-20240914-131015983-MP.jpg

PXL-20240914-131105335-MP.jpg

PXL-20240914-131042611-MP.jpg

PXL-20240914-131118232-MP.jpg

It'll do the job at scale. Seen better, seen worse. Bit of an odd colour choice but that's a theme here, and at least it doesn't look cheap. There is good depth to the piers, and they used decent slip for the soffit, can't really ask for much more. Quite a bit of efflorescence already though, a week in, is not a great sign.

As an aside, a few differences there to the approval, at least how I remember it. It was approved as faced pre cast panels, not laid by hand. Could just be for the purposes of the mock-up for speed and ease, and won't really change the look. Just the speed of build. Does the top part have a bit of linnear corbelling, or is that just a really odd bit of perspective? Don't remember that or the random pattern at the back being mentioned anywhere. And again might be purely for the mock-up to keep it simpler, but are the brick piers not angled to match the sails as per below in the PA. If they do go down the traditional build route rather than panels, that bit will be a bit more difficult.

1000024991.jpg1000024989.jpg1000024990.jpg

I wonder why the club and Populous went with brickwork instead of smooth, plain, exterior and interior(fan zone) wall cladding panels?

I wonder why the club and Populous went with brickwork instead of smooth, plain, exterior and interior(fan zone) wall cladding panels?

I would have thought something more modern would have been favoured. It's very much a nod to Victorian Manchester if nothing else. Maybe they'll scribble 0161 into some of them as well.

I would have thought something more modern would have been favoured. It's very much a nod to Victorian Manchester if nothing else. Maybe they'll scribble 0161 into some of them as well.

Whether you joke or not, that is indeed the claim by Populus.

'A nod to the mancunian industrial heritage' is what they said.

'The use of red bricks is carefully taken into consideration to complete the palette of the City Square. Mimicking the material of Victorian Mancunian docks and warehouse buildings, the brick also adds warmth and emphasises the human scale in and around the city square'

As above, in their own words, it 'softens' the square.

I myself think brick is far better than most cladding products available, coming to ground level for robustness longevity and general experience, wehere that many people would gather. The colour choice aside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.