North Stand Expansion

Build a huge end, make it predominantly standing, and start having certain days of the season where there is reduced ’family entertainment’. It is just as fake and as choreographed as the Ultra phenomenon, but it’s top-down and stifles any natural response from the supporters. Could start by having a a throwback day, say for the FA Cup, when there is no pre-match music or choreographed build up in the ground and see what the support can generate themselves.

They have these fellas at most grounds in Germany. I had the ‘pleasure’ of being in the stand near them on a couple of occasions too here in Cologne. A total pain in the arse.

I hope this shite never makes it’s way over to the UK.
I love German football but hate the orchestrated fan behaviour. I think the atmosphere at some German stadia is all a bit contrived to be honest. Bayern for example is very sterile. I much prefer the more chaotic nature of places like Poznan, Porto, and Aris Salonika. They still have organised displays in Greece and Poland but it has a much more spontaneous feel. I also think all this marching to the ground stuff is total bollocks. To be fair so do a lot of German fans I have met who prefer to stay in the pub while the virtue-signallers parade themselves.

It was full of real fans yesterday and the atmosphere was superb.
Exactly , it's not rocket science, we have a huge working class fanbase, give them easy to obtain, reasonably priced tickets and we will fill a expanded stadium and create the atmosphere like yesterday far more often.

Corporate is needed for cash revenue but the downside is your selling your soul and killing the atmosphere.

Sort it out Soriano, this is a fans club.

Exactly , it's not rocket science, we have a huge working class fanbase, give them easy to obtain, reasonably priced tickets and we will fill a expanded stadium and create the atmosphere like yesterday far more often.

Corporate is needed for cash revenue but the downside is your selling your soul and killing the atmosphere.

Sort it out Soriano, this is a fans club.
But nearly all the fans in yesterday will be the same fans in every week. So the atmosphere dpends on circumstances, not the fans we get and not the design of the stands. Corporate hasn't killed anything .

But nearly all the fans in yesterday will be the same fans in every week. So the atmosphere dpends on circumstances, not the fans we get and not the design of the stands. Corporate hasn't killed anything .
It does but in many games especially in mid week champions league games the atmosphere is terrible, we have given far too much space to tourists/corporate to keep the price of tickets high, lot's of people have been priced out, there are a huge number of fans that simply can't afford to attend, time to make a change, give football back to the real fans

It does but in many games especially in mid week champions league games the atmosphere is terrible, we have given far too much space to tourists/corporate to keep the price of tickets high, lot's of people have been priced out, there are a huge number of fans that simply can't afford to attend, time to make a change, give football back to the real fans
Again though the group games are cheaper, but the knockouts have a good atomosphere, sometimes the best.Yesterday was the most expensive game, but the best atmosphere. I'm all for cheaper tickets, but the occasion will always count more towards the atmosphere.

Again though the group games are cheaper, but the knockouts have a good atomosphere, sometimes the best.Yesterday was the most expensive game, but the best atmosphere. I'm all for cheaper tickets, but the occasion will always count more towards the atmosphere.
I agree, yesterday was not the best example, a game like that was a complete one off, a game never to be forgotten but the fact remains most of our homes games the atmosphere is poor and needs to improve.

I agree, yesterday was not the best example, a game like that was a complete one off, a game never to be forgotten but the fact remains most of our homes games the atmosphere is poor and needs to improve.
But yesterday is a good example, sat in City Square and around the ground, in the stadium there were I guess 45,000 City fans, not corporate, ordinary City fans the same City fans that go most weeks. So if you want a better atmosphere then these are the fans that will create it same as they do more often than you suggest. Whether there are corporate fans in there or not makes no difference to whether tose 45,000 ordinary blues do or don't ramp up the atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.