North Stand Expansion

Here.

Roof cables at the front of the NS. Roof cables 2/3rds of the way down on the SS. CB and ES roofs stay the same.

Sligtly curved oval, overlaping NS roof. Defo to keep the noise in.

If true, this is promising?

CFE8-EE5-A-CDB0-4442-BF37-85-C1-EFA1-FBCA.jpg

Here.

Roof cables at the front of the NS. Roof cables 2/3rds of the way down on the SS. CB and ES roofs stay the same.

Sligtly curved oval, overlaping NS roof. Defo to keep the noise in.

If true, this is promising?

CFE8-EE5-A-CDB0-4442-BF37-85-C1-EFA1-FBCA.jpg

Is there anyone with photoshop skills who could create a likeness of the North stand expansion from the above drawing on to this aerial picture of the Etihad?

I appreciate it won't be easy to get the overall shape of the roof from the drawing and add it to the picture. Any attempt would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

pundit jay - Twitter

C67630-A4-E5-D5-4-B11-8-D0-D-A31561670-F3-D.jpg

PS. City Square would have to go, unless it was somehow incorporated into the new stand.

Last edited:
Is there anyone with photoshop skills who could create a likeness of the North stand expansion from the above drawing on to this aerial picture of the Etihad?

I appreciate it won't be easy to get the overall shape of the roof from the drawing and add it to the picture. Any attempt would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

pundit jay - Twitter

PS. City Square would have to go, unless it was somehow incorporated into the new stand.
Could anything be done with these areas, like newer bigger city square? New bigger shop, because let's face it the size of the current one isn't big enough for purpose anymore, can barely move on match days.Screenshot_20220527-214115_Maps.jpg

But yesterday is a good example, sat in City Square and around the ground, in the stadium there were I guess 45,000 City fans, not corporate, ordinary City fans the same City fans that go most weeks. So if you want a better atmosphere then these are the fans that will create it same as they do more often than you suggest. Whether there are corporate fans in there or not makes no difference to whether tose 45,000 ordinary blues do or don't ramp up the atmosphere.
I’m not in corporate but what makes you think that a lot of them aren’t dedicated City fans? I know there’s the hangers on but a lot will be die hards who are lucky enough to have a few bob!

Last edited:
Maybe people are factoring in the Haaland signing, a Pep extension, the arena & even more success, our owners are also looking at making us the leading football/sports club in the world, with the best facilities & innovation, I think I read/heard somewhere they where looking at a 20 year project in all, some outsiders took that as they’ll be off in a few years, if you look at the timeline of the arena, it leaves 5-6 years to complete the stadium & surrounding areas, obviously the club are being cautious post covid & will factor in the current economical climate, but they have shown to be relentless in what they want to achieve, we also have investors who will be looking for the club to continue its momentum. I have absolutely no doubt we will sell the seats, whether we fill them is an ongoing matter for the club
Do you mean this "Any kind of investment that’s been made by City over the years is to overtake 20 years of an advantage by any other club. Of course if you take a lens at it and you say, ‘Well City have invested in the last five or 10 years,’ of course, because you’re trying to avoid 20 or 30 years of dominance from another club.

Initially i though you meant that our owners would leave after 20 years lol - had nearly a heart attack.

I’m sure the Arena will open loads of doors for the stadium and collar site.

But I find it so frustrating that our crowd growth has stalled in our greatest ever period.

When the South Stand was built I honestly thought the North Stand would follow quickly.

But now we sit in a position where a majority of the lesser games are not sold out even after reducing capacity.

Spurs West Ham are now well ahead of us in attendances and LFC will be joining them soon in the 60k bracket.

Great opportunity missed
Club is banking on international fan growth, and tourism - which will kick in at some point // surely this decade with all our success.

Thanks in advance.

pundit jay - Twitter

You will probably remember that this discussion was a hot topic back in 2014: https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/...ollar-site-development-thread.299783/page-129

The phasing is going to plan albeit slightly delayed but the icing on the cake will be to wrap the whole stadium once all the other work is completed

I’m not in corporate but what makes you think that a lot of them aren’t dedicated City fans? I know there’s the hangers on but a lot will be die hards who are lucky enough to have a few bob!
Yes, I’ve no doubt, I was just making the point , there is a suggestion that reducing prices would allow ‘real City ‘ fans to come back, and they had been sacrificed for selling more corporate.I was saying the ground is full of real City fans still, and as you say including a fair few corporate.
Reducing prices would just mean those going now would pay less it wouldn’t make room for more fans whether new or old returning fans.
Extension will make room and no doubt when they do it it will have cheaper seats like the South did.
The only point I’d make is maybe give new fans fist dibs on the cheaper tickets not offer them to relocations first, and save some blocks for matchday so groups can buy matchday tickets sat together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.